Thread: Coed Killed by Boyfriend, Chopped Up, BBQ'd on Patio Grill

Coed Killed by Boyfriend, Chopped Up, BBQ'd on Patio Grill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Cooking for a wedding huh?

Pass the BBQ sauce...

Fairly certain I'll be going to hell for this, but accadacca started the jokes first:

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Fairly certain I'll be going to hell for this, but accadacca started the jokes first
    Yup, save me a chair...I just thought this was an odd read on a Monday.

Tynesha Stewart

Welcome to the dark side of the other white meat.

So, I wonder what prompted her to start a relationship with someone else?

Texans take a lot of pride in their chili and BBQ brisket, hmmmm?
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

OK, will someone please explain this to me? Seriously, I would like someone with possibly some some law experience/background to explain this to me:

"Shepherd, who is charged with murder, is being held on $250,000 bond in the Harris County Jail."

Some dude that installs a camera in the shower to spy on his roommates naked gets the same sentence -- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070323/...shampoo_camera

So someone who installs a camera in a shower to spy on roommates gets equal treatment as someone who murders/dismembers/BBQs someone?

So in the eyes of the law: Peeping Tom = Murderer?

WTF?!?!?!?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I agree I need an explanation

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin
    OK, will someone please explain this to me? Seriously, I would like someone with possibly some some law experience/background to explain this to me:

"Shepherd, who is charged with murder, is being held on $250,000 bond in the Harris County Jail."

Some dude that installs a camera in the shower to spy on his roommates naked gets the same sentence -- http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070323/...shampoo_camera

So someone who installs a camera in a shower to spy on roommates gets equal treatment as someone who murders/dismembers/BBQs someone?

So in the eyes of the law: Peeping Tom = Murderer?

WTF?!?!?!?
    Not a clue.... Texas (murder) vs. Conn. (Peeping Tom)? Seriously, first, this is not a "Sentence" its only a bail. Apparently neither case has gone to trial. Each state has different bail schedules and different rules. Second, one may be a cash only bail the other may be bail that is bondable meaning a ten percent payment (25 K cash)to a bail bondsman in order to get out. Bail also depends on many factors like, ties to the community, prior criminal history, danger to the community, etc. I didn't see enough info to really give you a good answer but maybe that helps. Also, I am not licensed to practice in Conn or Tx so your mileage may vary, no warranties implied or expressed, professional driver, closed course, FDIC insured, proceed at your own risk.... etc.
    Life is Good

Bail can be either court set or set by the PD. In the case of the murder, it very well could have been set by the courts. They would establish things like the possibility of being a flight risk, past record, yada, yada, yada. Bail in and of itself is not a punishment, it is sort of like a guarantee that the person will show up, if not you lose it. In this case, I'm sure his parents may have put up their house and they didn't see that he would be a threat to more. This was more of an isolated relationship incident rather than catching a serial killer. And this bond maybe high enough that he will not be able to post it and will sit in jail until his court date. Again, the circumstances behind this is not general public knowledge.

The CT case the guy may have had numerous failure to appears, may have been a flight risk, may have been a further risk, who knows. It is very screwy when you see bonds being set at all different amounts and some seem more for a lesser crime. In most cases, history plays a roll and the general public would not know the facts that were present when bond was set.

Thanks JP and Scott. That makes sense to me.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

You're welcome

That will be $190.00
    Life is Good