Thread: Photos, Escalante

Photos, Escalante

I'd love to experience all the slots near Escalante, but it's just not possible. However, I did hike to Upper Calf Creek Falls (having done Lower a couple years back). The hike is about 1.5 miles each way, with elevation change over 600 feet, most of it in the first 1/4 mile. Going down isn't bad, coming back is a little tougher.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Nice Pics. I want to head down and do Spooky/Peekaboo this year, maybe June-ish. I can't wait.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I'd probably get stuck in those.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

love the escalante. great photo's and do get into the slots. spooky, peek-a-boo, brimstone, egypt 3, davis, and those are the easy ones.

very nice pictures looks like a perfect day.

Beautiful looking spot. So much to see... Thanks for the photos!

Where would one find directions on how to get to the 100 hands wall?

Thanks,
    R

Nice pics. thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Nice Pics. I want to head down and do Spooky/Peekaboo this year, maybe June-ish. I can't wait.
    Let me know, I might be interested in doing them again.

What a neat place, I'll be back there very soon. I've done lower but not upper, Thanks, Stan, for reminding me.

Best place to get directions for 100 Hands is the BLM in Escalante. You have to do a little scrambling and when you get to the top just look up and to your left. There are petroglyphs lower on the same formation. Some on the right end and some to the extreme left. Also, some vague ones behind this formation and across the wash.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Man, I love Utah!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by Wasatch
    Mtnman1830 wrote:

Let me know, I might be interested in doing them again.
    I can go most anytime. Thinking in May - June. I work weekends, but have plenty of vacation time. My only hold back is I drive a passenger car, so I can't get close as I would like...
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

I can go most anytime. Thinking in May - June. I work weekends, but have plenty of vacation time. My only hold back is I drive a passenger car, so I can't get close as I would like...[/quote]

Jun would work better for me, I know it will be really hot though. I can only go on weekends (Fri-Sun). I have an explorer, so no problem there. Hit me sideband late next month to set this up. Maybe some other people would like to join in from here, maybe put up a post when your ready.

I'd really like to get down to Calf Creek. Thanks for the photos.