Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thomas Seth Ritzman - in memory of.

Thomas Seth Ritzman - in memory of.

A dear friend of ours, Tom Ritzman, passed away on Monday, March 19th, in Tacoma Washington. He was 32 years old.

Tom grew up with us in West Weber, Utah, just west of Ogden. He lived next door to LeRoy.

Tom always made us laugh, which is very important in our group of friends.

I only wish I had more photos of Tom. You never can have too many memories of your friends.

These pictures below are from my first trip to Moab. After this trip, I went out and bought a Jeep, and began some annual trips down there. This was the beginning of my outdoor experience. Thank you very much, Tom.
    Attached Images Attached Images         

2. Likes shanny liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Thomas Seth Ritzman - in memory of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    A dear friend of ours, He was 32 years old.
    Wow, 32 Sorry to hear that you have lost a good friend. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family. 32, what happened?

Man, it sure hurts to know Tom is gone. He always had a special place in my heart and the tears start to come up as I write this. So many good memories of him. That Moab trip in particular. I was just down there with my son and we camped at that exact site we were at then. It brought back so many fun memories. Justin, I am so glad you dug up those pictures and posted them. And thanks for always having a camera with you. If it weren't for you we would hardly have anything to show for all the fun trips we go on. This makes me realize how important a camera is. So many times we hear on the forum about wishing we had our camera with us for this or that. As our memories fail, photos keep it real.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

6. Likes shanny liked this post

That camping spot started it all. It is the one right across from the Slickrock Trail Head. It wasn't that popular when we started going there, now it's thee place to be.

To fill JP in;
    Unfortunately Tom took his own life.

9. Likes shanny liked this post
    That camping spot started it all. It is the one right across from the Slickrock Trail Head. It wasn't that popular when we started going there, now it's thee place to be.

To fill JP in;
    Sorry to hear about the loss of a good friend

I can't remember where this was, but Tom and Leroy are messing around on a cliff.
    I think that was on the way up to Hurrah pass (at least I think that's the name). You take the road by McDonalds around the river and follow a creek (Kane I think) up until you hit this really cool overlook of the Colorado.

12. Likes shanny liked this post
    To fill JP in;
    Wow, sorry to hear that. Again, my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

my condolenses on theloss fo your friend. its never to easy to lose someone who you are close to.

Sorry to hear about the loss, that's a neat thing you did to post those pics. Even though I don't know any of you guys, we can all relate to our own stories how we got into the outdoors, friends and the loss of friends. I wish Tom is still fourwheeling "up" there and going on best hikes. My condolences.

17. Likes shanny liked this post
    Im sorry to hear about this. Its always a tragedy when someone young dies. Even bigger when they do it to themselves.
    The man thong is wrong.

My heart really goes out to you. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxx
    Im sorry to hear about this. Its always a tragedy when someone young dies. Even bigger when they do it to themselves.
    Yeah, you wish there was something you could have done, but we all tried. We weren't too surprised to get that phone call. You think you can prepare for something like that, but when it finally happens the pain is just the same.

21. Likes shanny liked this post
    I went to school with Tom since Elementary. He was one to always make one laugh. Too bad to hear of his passing.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

23. Likes shanny liked this post
    My mother-in-law took her life last fall, so I understand what y'all are going through. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss, my best goes out to everyone who knew him, and especially his family.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    Yeah, you wish there was something you could have done, but we all tried.
    Really its up to them though. I wonder if he thought he had such an impact on so many people. Even though I dont know him it sounds like he meant alot to alot of you and others. It really is a sad day.

I went to my great grandmothers funeral this last weekend. She was 95. My great Grandfather died a few years ago. She always talked about how she wanted to go, she didn't have a reason to be here anymore. The mood at the funeral was actually pretty upbeat for a funeral. Everyone was happy that she was where she wanted to be, with her husband.
    The man thong is wrong.

Sorry for your loss, old boy. Sounds like he was a real good friend and had a good impact on your life.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

I too have experienced the suicide of friends, once in 1982, and once in 1994. It certainly leaves your mind running in circles for a while.

I am sorry for your loss. Appreciate those around you today, while you can.

I've lost two friends to suicide. It's tough on those left behind.

29. Likes shanny liked this post