Thread: Zotes Sunflower Seeds

Zotes Sunflower Seeds

I love these sunflower seeds.

www.zotes.com

Located right here in Salt Lake City. They've got some very good flavors. My favorites are the Beer Baked, Tequila Lime, and Garlic Roast.

I've seen these at Harmons from time to time, and I just picked some up at the 7-11.

Here's my criteria for a quality Sunflower Seed:
    Flavor
    Hardness of the shell
    Long lasting flavor

Zotes excels in all 3 categories. Spitz are OK, but the flavor is gone in 30 seconds. The flavor isn't as good as Zotes anyways.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Plus, each flavor displays a hot chick on the cover.

My favorites are salt&pepper, Hot wings!!, and Bleu cheese.
    I prefer spitz for dill pickle but the handy zotes container is worth the trade!

This is what I've never understood about sunflower seeds: am I supposed to eat the shell, or discard it?

I like raw, shelled sunflower seeds, but I've never fully grocked what I'm supposed to do with the unshelled variety.

Oh hell.....this thread ranks right up there with "What's your favorite gum?"

I think a little too much Superiffic may have rubbed off on ya.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    This is what I've never understood about sunflower seeds: am I supposed to eat the shell, or discard it?

I like raw, shelled sunflower seeds, but I've never fully grocked what I'm supposed to do with the unshelled variety.
    I've heard of people eating everything, shell and all. Most notably, on Good Eats (a show on Food Network), Alton Brown made granola bars and left the shells on the sunflower seeds that he included. Sounds pretty splintery to me. I always spit the shells.

I've never even heard of Zotes. I doubt you can find them where I live, but they sound real good.

I like the product descriptons:

Say cowboy - have you ever found yourself thinking about taking a bodyshot off the boss' daughter's mid-drift? Well, these seeds won't give you that kind of satisfaction, but they certainly will put a smile on your face the next time you see her
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

I need to try them. I used to chew seeds so much that my tongue would get numb and I would have to give it a break for a few days. I used to chew the David brand, BBQ, original, salsa.

Quote Originally Posted by Udink
    Alton Brown
    Alton Brown is the "Jack Bauer" of the culinary world. That guy can do anything. I have learned so much watching his show
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Hmm, never tried the Zotes. I play baseball and we chew seeds nonstop, the only ones i like anymore are the dill pickle seeds by Spitz.
    Some days all you can do is smile and wait for some kind soul to come pull your ass out of the bind you've gotten yourself into

Just picked up the Hot Wings flavored Yotes at Macy's in Clearfield. Not bad - some are hot, some aren't. Good flavor.

I feel ripped. All im seeing in town is frito and davis brand. This gourmet stuff is right up my alley.

What the frequency of a rancid seed with Zotes? I'm saying i get a rotten one every fifth handful, which i think is quite ridiculous.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by nosivad_bor
    I feel ripped. All im seeing in town is frito and davis brand. This gourmet stuff is right up my alley.

What the frequency of a rancid seed with Zotes? I'm saying i get a rotten one every fifth handful, which i think is quite ridiculous.

Rob
    So far, nothing rancid. I know what you mean. I chew some and find stems and other crap in the bag - nothing too bad - but annoying.

Bogley BigShot

Re: Zotes Sunflower Seeds

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I love these sunflower seeds.

A love confession from the man!