Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stumbling in from Utah County

Stumbling in from Utah County

Hey everyone, new to the board here, so I thought I'd introduce myself and add a new face to the Utah County crowd. I'm currently employed by the City of Provo and living in P-town, just trying to enjoy myself while still young.

My my main passion is photography, and that gives me an excuse to get outside and mess around. I'm down for a little of everything, though I spend the most time backpacking. I've thrown down a few of the less technical slots, and am definitely looking to find some more people to do those with. Bikes are always good too, though I prefer the roadie to the mountain, and perhaps a triathlon or two every summer. Winters I spend on the snowboard or down south. I am looking to master the three day weekends this summer, so if you need a partner, don't be afraid to holler in my direction.

Basically, this looks like a perfect place to hang, as there is a huge diverse crowd. Glad to be aboard. Hope to run into a few of you soon.

Dan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Dan- You live in a great city and you have a great name! Welcome to the site!

(P.S. Less there be any confusion, my name is also Dan)
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Dis iz da place...

DiscGo - sounds like we share more than a name. Gotta love the Buckeyes...

Alright! I can't tell you how much more my opinion of you just shot up! I'm actually taking off to Alaska in a month for the summer, but when I get back in the fall even if we don't go hiking we should get together and watch some Buckeye Football! (I don't think the Bucks are going to be too great next year, but our schedule is not too hard either though. If we can just beat Michigan I'll be happy).

For sure, gotta love that rivalry. I lived in Warren during the madness that was Maurice Clarett, and watched Mario Manningham in H.S. (they both went to Harding.) Too bad the Bucks lost out on him. Also about the same time as LeBron James was roughing up James A. Rhodes Arena in Akron as a high school senior. Nothing but love for the Ohio boys.

welcome

looking forward to your backpacking posts

Welcome to the forum. You've got some cool pics on your homepage

Welcome, just checked out your photos and they are terrific.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeyBiggs
    For sure, gotta love that rivalry. I lived in Warren during the madness that was Maurice Clarett, and watched Mario Manningham in H.S. (they both went to Harding.) Too bad the Bucks lost out on him. Also about the same time as LeBron James was roughing up James A. Rhodes Arena in Akron as a high school senior. Nothing but love for the Ohio boys.

My in-laws are from Ohio. My Mother-in-law was in the OSU band and my Father-in-Law was in the Michigan band. They don't speak the week of the rivalry. Anyway, it is so good to find another real Buckeye fan out here!

P.S. you should check out this thread from the "Sports Junkie" section:

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5460

Wow, some fantastic photos on your site, there, Dan! This one?

All I can say is:

Welcome!

Hey Where is that picture taken???
    See you on the Trail

That is the very last stretch of the Subway. Directly behind me is the last handline/rap from the upper Subway.

Wow Dan, amazing photos! You really have an eye for it. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site. I am curious what camera you use?

It varies with everything, depending on how much weight I can carry, etc... But I have an assortment of Canon DSLRs, but my main toy is the 5D.

Welcome to the forum.... sorry to hear your a Buckeyes fan

Welcome Dan. All I have to say is sweeeeet pictures!!

Welcome Dan. You've got some great photos man. I subscribed to your photoblog. Sweet.

( http://www.google.com/reader/ )
    Peace.