Thread: My Shock is dead.

My Shock is dead.

I just got my bike out of the shop on Thursday. They serviced my Boxxer , new seals all that stuff I put brand new Maxxis 2.7" tires and tubes and rode it twice before I blew out my rear shock Its gone.. dead.. done... oil everywhere ...Time for a new one. I am looking at this as a forced upgrade, my old shock was a stock POS.

Anyone have a extra 7.9 i2i shock with a 650lb spring laying around Or any suggestions on where to look for one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Try GO-RIDE.com in SLC. Look into the Fox vanilla R propedal. This is probably the best for the money for freeriding. Ask them about discontinued or sale item shocks. I have 3 Stratos shocks that work great even though GO-Ride no longer stocks them.

So she peed all over herself huh?

The Vanilla R looks like a pretty good deal, I will check out go-ride after work someday this week.
    Do you know anything about x-Fusion? I called them up and they said they would sell me a Vector DH1 for a less then the Vanilla R at go-ride.
    http://www.x-fusion-shox.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    Try GO-RIDE.com in SLC. Look into the Fox vanilla R propedal. This is probably the best for the money for freeriding. Ask them about discontinued or sale item shocks. I have 3 Stratos shocks that work great even though GO-Ride no longer stocks them.
    I have to agree - GO-RIDE is the place to find one local...and that Fox Vanilla R is a proven shock...i have one on my Rocky Mountain. Curnutt and Romic are awesome too, Romic is a little bit more affordable but they are both expensive.
    Heres a site you ought to check out:
    http://www.beyondbikes.com/bb/Items.asp?Mc=Fox
    and this Fox DH 5.0 is amazing!

Although I am not familiar with the Vector shock, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from GO-Ride and I would trust their recommendations. I have been buying from the owner, Scott Crabil when he was selling from his house before he opened a location. Scott and Kris are probably more knowledgeable than anybody when it comes to bikes. I found that their pricing was quite competitive. Beyond bikes and Cambria were my favorite mail order company's until I met Scott Crabil during a state downhill race. Go-ride doesn't carry junk and they will stand by their products.