Thread: Merrell Waterpro

Merrell Waterpro

http://tinyurl.com/32n4m2

Just got my REI catalog and saw these in there, what do you guys think of these? Do they stand up to 5.10 Canyoneers?

With a current 20% off coupon these might be pretty cheap.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yea they look nice. although if you search the web you may be able to find the salomon amphib tech for less than 50$ just a thought. hate to spend 70$ or 80$ on a shoe that will probably be destroyed after 10 or so canyons.

Merrell Waterpro
    Nice for a day at the beach, or a doggie chew toy.... not for canyoneering.

salomon amphib tech
    Nice for a day at the beach, or a doggie chew toy.... not for canyoneering.

Solomon Amphibians after ONE day canyoneering.

Those yellow straps on the sides would be gone after Keyhole, much less a real canyon. I tried the solomon amphibs too. No good. Sorry.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Cool, thanks for the feedbacks.

cantoneer 2

I went we these OH yea can't wait. gotta love free overnight shipping

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/24642398/c/108060.html

Nice find! OK 9.5 or 10.5? Do these shoes run big or small usually?

Well, Ice and Price, I don't think they were listening....
    Life is Good

I went with a half size over my norm, but with free return shipping I guess it is not to big of a deal unless you are going out this week.

Those are the Canyoneer 2, which are not supposed to be available as of yet. Really strange part is they are only available is a few sizes. I wonder if they are part of a pre-production run or something?

Keep us posted on what arrives on your doorstep or if they get back ordered. The Five-Tens are a very popular canyoneering shoe and I like them.

If I stick around this summer, I'll be picking up a pair of these. The new ones look like a huge improvement.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    If I stick around this summer, I'll be picking up a pair of these. The new ones look like a huge improvement.
    If ya don't stick around this summer, where will you go? Texas again?
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Those are the Canyoneer 2, which are not supposed to be available as of yet. Really strange part is they are only available is a few sizes. I wonder if they are part of a pre-production run or something?

Keep us posted on what arrives on your doorstep or if they get back ordered. The Five-Tens are a very popular canyoneering shoe and I like them.

Well I got the shoes today no back order and they are the canyoneer 2. I went with my norm size instead of going a half size over and they fit great. They appear to be well made but time will tell I quess. I can't wait for heaps this may!! also Mgear has them on their site for 95$ but no free overnight shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by mrabe1979
    I went with my norm size instead of going a half size over and they fit great.
    When you say "fit great". Does that mean they fit great with a neoprene sock or a hiking sock?

How thick of sock?

Mountain Gear has the Canyoneer 2 in their catalog but at least as of a couple days ago didn't actually have any shoes. I can't find the shoe listed on MGears website.

I have skinny feet and they were a little wide towards the front with a hiking sock on. With 2.5mm NRS sock on it is a great fit. I wear I size 7 shoe so it might be different for larger feet. Damn Shane you are hard on shoes!! I have worn my amphib techs through 15 canyons. They are hammered but nothing like yours. mtntools have them on their site.
    http://www.mtntools.com/cat/rclimb/r..._canyoneer.htm

Quote Originally Posted by mrabe1979
    Damn Shane you are hard on shoes!! I have worn my amphib techs through 15 canyons. They are hammered but nothing like yours
    Those shoes belonged to Scott Patterson. We did Trail Canyon in the morning and the shoes were pretty much toast. We did Boss Hog in the afternoon and the shoes were completely destroyed when we finished.

Best part was Scott walking around camp the first morning telling us all about his new shoes