Thread: Chess prodigy runs away, lives with stripper

Chess prodigy runs away, lives with stripper

I don't know what it is..... but I've taken a real liking to this kid.

A CHESS prodigy who ran away and hooked an exotic dancer almost twice his age has returned home to a hero's welcome after a teenage adventure that took him to Brazil's hotspots.

It all began when Emilio Cordova, a 15-year-old international master from Peru, was crowned South American chess champion in January after winning a tournament in the Argentine city of Cordoba.

Instead of returning to Lima, he told relatives he was heading to Brazil to compete in tournaments there in a push to reach the rank of international grandmaster.

But far from focusing on his grandmaster dreams, Emilio quickly became caught up in Sao Paulo's pulsating and sleazy nightlife.

He formed a relationship with a single Brazilian mother, Adriane Oliveira, 29, dubbed the "Bella Brasileira" by the Peruvian media, with whom he soon fell in love.

Ms Oliveira works in Love Story, a hot city club where young Emilio took to spending his nights dancing.

To fund his Brazilian sojourn, he told his family he had fallen ill and needed them to wire out money to pay for medical expenses. He even sold his laptop computer, which contained all his chess notes and training programs.

As weeks turned into months, Emilio's family became worried about him, and the Peruvian media went to Brazil to find out what had happened to the young chess genius.

When they found him, Emilio insisted he had not abandoned the game, but was just taking a break. "I play chess, study chess, but this doesn't mean I can't enjoy myself," he said.

"I'm young and I want to do this. I have to live. To be locked up in my room all the time depresses me."

After tracing his son, his father set out to bring him back home. At first Emilio was adamant he would not leave Brazil, and the Peruvian Foreign Ministry had to ask the Sao Paulo police to prevent the boy leaving the city before his father arrived.

Emilio now says Ms Oliveira was just one of several girlfriends he had in Sao Paulo, and that far from being a callgirl, as portrayed in the Peruvian media, she works for an organisation "dedicated to putting on shows and charity events like telethons".

He blames his father for the media storm, saying: "Private is private, and personal life is personal life. But if my father decides to air it, what can I do?"

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...58-663,00.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

he's living the life that a lot of 15 year old chess geeks would love to do!
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

I'm kinda wishing I had of played more chess

Check and Mate.

King me! King me!!!!!

Nice

They always said you have to be smart to win at chess, this just goes to prove that statment be true. Way to go Emilio

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Check and Mate.

King me! King me!!!!!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

This is bull shit, I need to get my grove on...

Isn't this similar to what happened to you Ice?

So being curious, I went and googled "Bella Brasileira"

http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Be...-a&safe=active

6th link down shows exactly what this Bella looks like in a x-rated form BE WARNED NOT WORK SAFE AT ALL, but Ice would totally appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    6th link down shows exactly what this Bella looks like in a x-rated form
    So where are all the do-gooders telling me how this kid is a victim??

That kid wasn't in US, so he is not a victim

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    6th link down shows exactly what this Bella looks like in a x-rated form
    So where are all the do-gooders telling me how this kid is a victim??
    They are all in a jealous rage and unable to speak
    Never leave home without a headhunter.