Thread: allow me to introduce myself

allow me to introduce myself

Hey everybody. This forum is awesome and it is already eating away too, too much of my time!

I met Summit42 over at Flickr and he invited me over here (kris247 is another Flikcr friend of mine). I started a group over there for other uutah members that at also on Flickr - see this discussion thread: http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php...ghlight=#51834 .

I like to hike (especially the American Fork / Alpine / Timpanogos area), backpack, ski, run, trail run, camp, roadtrip, read, peakbag, mountain bike, swim, play the drums, play acoustic guitar, and kill time on silly web2.0 sites like this one. I'm lately getting more into exploring the deserts and canyons of the state (San Rafael Swell, Canyonlands, Cedar Mesa, etc). I grew up in American Fork, worked at Timp Cave for a couple of seasons, lived in Boston for 2 years, graduated from the U of U in Civil Engineering and now work for a consulting engineering firm in Salt Lake. I'm married and have one little girl. My favorite band is Led Zeppelin and lately I've been listening a lot to Coheed & Cambria, and I really like the local band Red Bennies, but I like a lot of kinds of music.

That sums it up. Here is some more of my web presence:
    www.flickr.com/people/dillweed
    http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=30500
    http://www.myspace.com/_dillweed
    http://music.yahoo.com/launchcast/st...p?u=1450921660

Peace.

Edit: here is my wishlist for 2007.
    Peace.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the site. With a name like dillweed, I thought your avater would look something like this:

It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Welcome. Looks like you'll have a lot to offer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Welcome. Looks like you'll have a lot to offer here.
    You'd think so, huh?

Kidding. Dillweed is awesome - he's singlehandly responsible for getting me into my first slot canyon, and reading Edward Abbey.

Led Zeppelin? Perfect!!

Some of my fav lyrics and song at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zeppelin - Travelling Riverside Blues
    Squeeze my lemon til the juice runs down my leg
    Squeeze it so hard, Ill fall right out of bed
    Squeeze my lemon, til the juice runs down my leg

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Led Zepplin? Perfect!!

Some of my fav lyrics and song at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Led Zepplin - Travelling Riverside Blues
    Squeeze my lemon til the juice runs down my leg
    Squeeze it so hard, Ill fall right out of bed
    Squeeze my lemon, til the juice runs down my leg
    gross! I don't want to think about that! hehehe

here is a photo from Flickr I titled "Misty Mountain Hop"
    Peace.

Hey, its yer fav bad...

Welcome! It is nice to have you officially introduce yourself. I hope you continue to enjoy the site.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

To join up the welcome committee, Welcome to the site! Sounds like you'd fit right in.

Let me welcome you to the forum....even though I'm a newer newbie. dillweed is my hero. I'll get around to introducing myself one of these days too.

Dillweed,

Just joined this board myself, but I checked out your flickr thread on Timpanogos. What sweet collection of views. Might be time for me actually figure out how to use flickr. Nice work. You have to love having that in the backyard.

Dan

welcome

Thanks everyone. And don't let Tadje fool you - he's the real adventure-man - climbing / mountaineering / black diamond skiing / etc. Check out his flickr photos He and I go back a ways - went to high school together. I hope he will post some stuff here - he would have a lot to contribute. Also, he's joining kris247 and I up Mt. Whitney this summer.
    Peace.

Sweet, two newbies in one post, we are reproducing like the real uutahns we are

Welcome!

Welcome Dillweed, About time you made it over here.