Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trader Joes

Trader Joes

Utah would be so much better if we only had Trader Joe's. Wild Oats it not nearly as good and TJ's.

http://www.traderjoes.com/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trader_Joe's

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I have never heard of Trader Joe's. What makes them cool?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I've never been in a TJ's but I know my wife loves to go to the one in Vegas. We've heard they're going to open in Mesquite,
    that would be cool.

I think TJ's is a food store with gourmet items and wine/beer.

Geez, DiscGo, a Geiger Counter, now this. You need to get out more.

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I have never heard of Trader Joe's. What makes them cool?
    Its the best chain of grocery stores ever, they have really good unique food at pretty decent prices. You just have to go for your self to check it out. The Beer and Wine selection is great, blows away any of the State Run Liquor stores in Utah on both selection and price.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Its the best chain of grocery stores ever, they have really good unique food at pretty decent prices. You just have to go for your self to check it out. The Beer and Wine selection is great, blows away any of the State Run Liquor stores in Utah on both selection and price.
    That's not even a contest. The last time I was in a State Liquor Store they had Mickey's Big Mouth prominently displayed.

From tj's website

In addition to wines, we
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is Trader Joes not in Utah because so much of their sales are based on liquor?

That fridge looks like it should be on "Cribs".

PBR? I don't think we can be friends anymore.

Have you ever been to the Jackalope Lounge downtown? They have $1.50 PBR Tallboy night on Thursdays. If you have ever wanted to be surrounded by 19 year olds with fake IDs drinking cheap beer, this is your place.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    PBR? I don't think we can be friends anymore.
    Out of state of PBR in bottles man... petty good. The Utah crap is not that good at all. but still I would never drink a bud or miller, i am going drink crap i am going to drink PBR!

Currently, I am on Full Sail binge.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Is Trader Joes not in Utah because so much of their sales are based on liquor?
    Well that and product distribution. They make/slap their name on a lot of perishable goods. In a nut shell is a long drive to Utah from San Fransisco.

That fridge looks like it should be on "Cribs".
    Ha Ha, I carried that Grolsch Keg backpacking up South Fork. I had to make an extra trip up past Big Springs for it.

Trader Joes is known in California for their "2 buck Chuck", or pretty good wine for $2.00 a bottle. I think it's $2.99 in NV because of transportation. They also have oustanding bread in Vegas.

I like that I can get Sam Adams "Summer Ale" and "Light" there. Utah's 3.2 policy really does hurt!

Win
    Quoting my best friend, Bob McNally, after a bad boating trip: "Nature scares me!"

Utah photos: www.winpics.fototime.com

We have a whole bunch of them

Way to rub it in JP!

The Trader Joe's in South Jersey doesn't sell alcoholic beverages. We still went once a week to stock up on tasty items that were much cheaper than what Whole Foods was offering and what Pathmark and Shoprite didn't offer at all.

Then three years ago we moved to the Raleigh, NC area and we did without until this past November when a Trader Joe's opened in Cary. It's a 30 mile drive one way, but worth it. And the Cary store stocks that two buck Chuck ($2.99) as well as a whole aisle of other wines and beer.

Although the prices in general are still much better than Earth Fare or Whole Foods, the TJ's Kashi Autumn Wheat cereal which I happen to like is actually 30 cents cheaper at Walmart. Just a small quible.

Hmm, going to have to check out this Trader Joe's place next time I'm down stateside (April). Sounds quite good!

On beer:

I found it interesting that Utah's 3.2% is by weight, rather than volume. Makes it about 4.0% in the method everyone else uses. Wooo-hooo!!!!

Still not going to find some of my favourites there, though. North Coast Brewing's Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout (8.9%), or anything by Unibroue of Quebec: Maudite at 8%, Trois Pistoles at 9%, and Terrible at 10.5% - mmm, triple fermented.

I used to be a drunk when I was married... I do love TJ's, we used to boot 2 or 3 cases of 2 buck from Cali or Vegas. After a week worth of one bottle a night I usually could lose the initial headache from the cheapness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirrus2000
    North Coast Brewing's Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout (8.9%), or anything by Unibroue of Quebec: Maudite at 8%, Trois Pistoles at 9%, and Terrible at 10.5% - mmm, triple fermented.
    Next time you're down Utah way you should try Uinta Brewing's Aniversary Barley Wine. On the website they say 9.8%, but I'm pretty sure the last pack I got from the liquor store was labeled 11%.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    North Coast Brewing's Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout (8.9%), or anything by Unibroue of Quebec: Maudite at 8%, Trois Pistoles at 9%, and Terrible at 10.5% - mmm, triple fermented.
    Next time you're down Utah way you should try Uinta Brewing's Aniversary Barley Wine. On the website they say 9.8%, but I'm pretty sure the last pack I got from the liquor store was labeled 11%.
    it changes each year. what they have on the website i believe is from a different year. sierra nevada bigfoot also changes depending on the year. in 1995 SN bigfoot was 13%.

old foghorn is also excellent (sweeter)

north coast brewing is excellent, so is deschuttes brewing (in particular obsidian stout and black butte porter, as well as some of their brewery-only ales). of course there are too many good beers but ...

if you ever get a chance mad river brewing company has a great line of 3 beers under the name Steelhead ... all 3 are excellent but Steelhead Scotch Porter is simply DELICIOUS.

yup, i concur

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum