Thread: International Sportsmans Expo this weekend

International Sportsmans Expo this weekend

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

mmm, tempting. I just screwed my knee though, so I won't feel like doing a lot of walking.

If somebody goes, take some pics, tell us how it was. Get us some product reviews!

I've never been to an expo like this. Are they really worth it?
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

They have some pretty cool stuff. Mostly if you want more information on out of state hunts or fishing trips then this is the place to be. All kinds of outfitters show up to offer information about hunting and fishing outside of Utah. There are also some cool booths where you can buy things, or just check out presentations on different outdoor subjects.

Are prices good or is it just new stuff to market?

Are prices good or is it just new stuff to market?
    You can usually find good deals on stuff. It all depends on what you are looking for.. It's always fun to just go walk around and see all the booths if nothing else.

yeah, my problem though is that like Kris, I am a gear whore. I'll see all sorts of stuff that I don't need and try and buy it for fear of not being able to live without it.

Yea I can relate to that. I have all kinds of stuff that I have never even taken out of the box. Maybe one day I will get around to using it all.

Last year I negotiated a good deal on an 8 wt fly rod. Just seeing the baby grizzly bears was worth my admission and time. I will definitely be there Friday night.

I was there for the opening yesterday. It was mostly the same thing as the past several years. Tons of outfitter/guide services. I go for the flyfishing part of the show which gets bigger and bigger each year which is good to see. My little girl loved the fishing river and we caught the biggest fish in the pond. They aren't letting you keep the fish this year but the do have a new "ice" fishing setup that looked cool but I never saw anyone pulling any fish out. I liked fishing seminars at the aquarium. They always have good solid seminars covering many topics.

I finally broke down this year and gave the fly casting competition a try. They had a dead spot where no one would get up and try so I had ot give it a go. I absolutely hate being in the spot light and in my opinion it showed heavily, even the guy running the competition told me to relax, it was that obvious I was that nervous. I ended up throwing 70-75' which I was disappointed with because know I can throw up to 90'. Now that I have the first time jitters out of me I think I may have to do some practicing for next year and actually quilify for the finals.

The bears weren't in the house this year. I think Cabelas snagged them up to attract all the people coming from out of state to see the show.

I did kick it with Mary from channel 2 news for awhile, great woman and even better looking in person. There were a few Zone girls wandering around and some Mick and Allen groupies girls as well. Unfortunately I didn't see any Blaze girls, guess I better go to a game to see what the fuss is really all about.

Go hit the show, it's $10 with $2 off if you get a discount at Sportsmans. I suggest you go from noon to 5 today, after that the place gets so packed with people it starts to ruin the fun.

I am always amazed by the flyfishermen and their casting. I suck lol.

What do the guys that make it to the finals usually end up throwing?
    Let's Roll

to qualify for the finals you have to throw 95'. The winners are throwing about 120'!