Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad day for the band Boston :(

Sad day for the band Boston :(

Boston lead singer Brad Delp dies at 55

03/09/2007 8:31 PM, AP

Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston, was found dead Friday in his home in southern New Hampshire. He was 55. Atkinson police responded to a call for help at 1:20 p.m. and found Delp dead. Police Lt. William Baldwin said in a statement the death was "untimely" and that there was no indication of foul play.

Delp apparently was alone at the time of his death, Baldwin said.

The cause of his death remained under investigation by the Atkinson police and the New Hampshire Medical Examiner's office. Police said an incident report would not be available until Monday.

Delp sang vocals on Boston's 1976 hits "More than a Feeling" and "Longtime." He also sang on Boston's most recent album, "Corporate America," released in 2002.

He joined the band in the early 1970s after meeting Tom Scholz, an MIT student interested in experimental methods of recording music, according to the group's official Web site. The band enjoyed its greatest success and influence during its first decade.

The band's last appearance was in November 2006 at Boston's Symphony Hall.

On Friday night, the Web site was taken down and replaced with the statement: "We just lost the nicest guy in rock and roll."

A call to the Swampscott, Mass., home of Boston guitarist Barry Goudreau was not immediately returned Friday night.

___

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I just read this. It is sad how many talented people die at young ages (although 55 is not usually considered "young", it is not an old age to pass away).
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

"Rock n Roll Band" has been one of my favorite songs for the past 6-7 years.

I saw this on the news while at work. Comes close to Johnny Cash passing.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    It is sad how many talented people die at young ages
    It's called drugs

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    It is sad how many talented people die at young ages
    It's called drugs :haha:
    Obesity kills just as clean...

...just something to consider while you scoff.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote

It this directed at one of us?

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote

It this directed at one of us?
    Oh, c'mon. The rev would never do something like that. He's a real class act.

By the way, I've also heard roofing nails can be pretty deadly too. At least to the people who are stupid enough to put them on the trails.
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

It's currently in vogue to hate fat people, and that comment is not directed at anyone in particular. It's just a sad commentary on the hypocrisy of people in general. Apparently hate is good, just so long as it's strained through the politically correct filter first.

Al Franken wrote a book called "Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idot." Conservatives countered that Rush is not "that fat," while liberals heartily endorsed the term with all of it's negative connotations. My question is this: What the hell does his weight have to do with anything, and why is it OK to smear an entire group of people like that? I guess fat = bad person?

The thing that really pisses me off is the sheer bigoted ignorance of many thin people who think they have more self control than their weightier brethren. Personal experience proves otherwise. I went from 215 to 180 in a few months without trying. For the most part, "it just happened." Hell, I weighed in today at under 180 with my clothes on, so I'm probably going to have to make a concerted effort now to not lose even more weight (I wonder if anyone will cluck their tongues with disgust at my lack of will power to put on more weight).

Anyway, I know plenty of fat people who eat less than I do. My nephew is morbidly obese and it's all about genetics for him. He may have outweighed me in 7th grade (Im middle aged), but he doesn't deserve any less respect than anyone else.

Boston's debut album was the second my older brother bought. By default, I was a fan. I remember the artwork on the cover featured flying saucers with cities in them. It's weird how they mostly disappeared after their first album.

nefarious- I really enjoyed your post about obesity.

this directed at one of us?
    Does it really matter, consider the source

When we first started arguing with Rev, he really frustrated me. Now I like him and grown to appreciate our differences.

When we first started arguing with Rev, he really frustrated me. Now I like him and grown to appreciate our differences.
    He's fine when he's not busy slamming people

nefarious- I really enjoyed your post about obesity.
    Cool. I think we see eye to eye on more stuff than I thought at first.

The first couple of times we disagreed, it did appear as though we were opposite sides of the spectrum, but I too have noticed that we have agreed on a lot lately. With the exception of Rev , I think that most people agree more than they realize.

I really think that if the world leaders went camping in the woods, instead of meeting in the U.N. (or other official political residencies) we would have more peace in the world. I have been very blessed to see some beautiful remote areas of the world (especially Alaska) and there have been many times that I felt as though most contention could be resolved if people were able to relax, take a step back, and try and understand each other.

I know I sound like a hippie or whatever (and since I own like 9 nalgenes, I techniquelly am a hippie in Kris's description ), but people get frustrated at work and in the business environment (like the U.N.) and people are able to relax and unwind in nature.

I know I am speaking ideally and not practically. But I feel like there is some merit to this thought.

Do you two need a room now?
    Never leave home without a headhunter.

Since you boys have been talking about me since I've been away (industry conference in Scottsdale), I'll let you know: The obesity comment was directed at JP since he thought it cute to make light of the singer's death -- the drug angle.

Is it politically correct to deride Elephant-Americans? Nope.

Here's some food for thought (pun intended): What do you guys think of fat folks qualifying for ADA status? That burns me up. If your "disability" is self inflicted (larges, drug addicted, smoker, whatever), we shouldn't coddle you with ADA protection.

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    [By the way, I've also heard roofing nails can be pretty deadly too. At least to the people who are stupid enough to put them on the trails.
    This coming from someone called "KillEmAll," I catch your meaning. You could be more direct if you feel up to it.

I do hike heavy, so that's a consideration.

-- Wm Blake