Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A new Uinta destination

My vote would be Fox and Dime lakes in the east. I wouldn't highly recommend the Cleveland Qeant combo, as Cleveland is shallow and I've found to only be moderately good fishing (actually broke a pole in there one time out of frustration...) Just over the saddle is a beautiful basin with Fox, Dime, Divide, and Crescent, I believe.
    Yes, good suggestion. Cleveland seems to vary as it can be good at times. Cresent next to Fox seem always to be good. Good suggestion. Plus Kidney Lakes aren't too far west and have really good fishing as well.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Ah yes, now if you are talking wanting to go a couple of days, Kidneys can't be beat. Beautiful country there, and there is always a majestic moose that seems to hang out there. A little farther up and you've got Rainbow lake, which has got to have the biggest fish I've caught in the Uintas. Fishing the creeks down from Davis Lakes has always been crazy good as well. But now we are venturing out of the 8-10 mile range... I try to get in there once a year.

Dan

Try McPheter's Lake, not too many people go up there. Not sure about the fishing, but the lake is pretty big.