Thread: Everybody Had Sunsets...

Everybody Had Sunsets...

...So, I took a few of sunrise this morning

Crisp, clear morning.

The Canadians up early

Poking through

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Connecticut really is a surprisingly beautiful state. These pictures made me feel peaceful. Thanks for posting them.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Connecticut really is a surprisingly beautiful state.
    Connecticut, ahhh New England on a whole has a few things, in my mind, that makes it a bit different when it comes to landscapes. Old houses (1700's), stonewalls, rolling hills, cemeteries, maple trees, mills and covered bridges. Not that other states don't have these, it's just the way I view New England. And like you said, it makes you feel "peaceful" in a homey kind of way.

yeah, you are right. New England is beautiful. My friend Joel says that Maine is the most beautiful state of the lower 48. I was also impressed with Massachusetts while I was back there in December. I think that New England is much prettier than the most of the East (including the Mid-West).

Those are some nice shots! Ive never been on that side of the country.
    Here are a few sunrise shots. Me standing atop Mt. Haleakala -Maui

and the sunrise shot without the earlymorning mug

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I think this summer I will get out and take some pics of this side of the country just for you folk that have not laid eyes on the Northeast

The sunrises are a reason I really like night shifts. Because I can see these wonderful sunrises every morning from the balcony of the ward, where I am working. If the weather is fine, it will look like this.

sun is coming around

@JP:

cool pics, I also like the eastern US. I have been there several times, but mostly in the Boston area. I hope, you will post some more pics.

@greyhair biker:

when did you get up to get this terrific view? That's real cool

Quote Originally Posted by americanhero
    The sunrises are a reason I really like night shifts. Because I can see these wonderful sunrises every morning from the balcony of the ward, where I am working. If the weather is fine, it will look like this.

sun is coming around

@JP:

cool pics, I also like the eastern US. I have been there several times, but mostly in the Boston area. I hope, you will post some more pics.

@greyhair biker:

when did you get up to get this terrific view? That's real cool
    Had to get up around 4am and drive across the island. The 30+miles from the base to the summit takes about an hour so we got up there just before sunrise - summit is 10,041 ft.

Nice shots of New England. I dunno' what's up with those crazy geese. The ones down here have been migrating north for the last month. I think they need to wait longer!

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious
    I dunno' what's up with those crazy geese
    We have way too many of those things around here. If you have a nice pond and they decide to call it home, nothing but crap all over the place

I know utah is beautiful, but these are two awsome pics I took in hawaii last year. Im never up for utah sunsets anymore
    Attached Images Attached Images   

AHHHH! I am there with you on Hawaiian sunsets! Ive spent week after week watching sunsets from the beach or lanai and they are awe-inspiring! sometimes spectacular, sometimes gentle and peaceful, but always they bring a smile to my face....oh, I am so homesick for the islands I just cant tell you!

BTW, what beach was that taken on?

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I think this summer I will get out and take some pics of this side of the country just for you folk that have not laid eyes on the Northeast
    And don't forget to do the same when fall rolls around. I've always wanted to do a trip thru New England during the peak of fall colors. In your opinion, is one state better than another to visit during that time?
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Here are a few sunrise shots. Me standing atop Mt. Haleakala -Maui

and the sunrise shot without the earlymorning mug
    Awesome! And so is the sunrise.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    And don't forget to do the same when fall rolls around. I've always wanted to do a trip thru New England during the peak of fall colors. In your opinion, is one state better than another to visit during that time?
    Fall has to be one of my favorite seasons, even though it leads into dreaded winter The smell of Fall and the colors due to the maple trees. Oranges, reds and yellows and Fall brings out one of my favorite apples, the Macoun. The apple is only around in the fall, I wish it was around all year
    Believe it or not, the summer usually dictates how colorful the fall would be depending on a wet or dry summer. Sometimes the colors aren't as vibrant as they should be and are kind of dull. So, planning a trip out this way you should be listening to reports on how colorful or not the leaf peeping season is going to be.
    Yes, if you're headed out this way just for that, you don't want to be hanging around Connecticut. Most of Connecticut is highly populated. You would want something with more outdoorsy stuff to do. Something like New Hampshire in the area of Mt. Washington. Just keep in mind, leaf peeping season brings in a plethora of traffic no matter where in New England you are. The entire Mt. Washington area would have some of the best leaf peeping activities. Coastal Maine is always nice if the seacoast is what you enjoy with the added foliage. During this coming fall, I will not forget about taking pics then as well. I'll be heading up to New Hampshire this year a few times to take pics as well as coastal Maine.

Awesome! And so is the sunrise.
    ...you are very kind! ..Im thinking, beautiful southern babe on the summit there...nice warm blanket...(notice the jacket Im wearing) to 'keep warm' under.... ...followed by a drive down to the beach for drinks & eats...& stuff...sun & surf babe!

Nothing beats a good Autumn evening. Fall is absolutely my favorite season!

the midnight sun gives you the best of both

hey GHB,

you should definitely put it on your list of things to do someday. although the northern reaches have superscary mosquitos it's pretty amazing to watch the sun make circles in the sky, dipping, due north, just above the horizon.

if you can get on a small mountain, the breeze can keep the moskeeters at bay ... you can hike during the night (literally hours and hours of sunset colors) and sleep during the day.

here're a couple other cool ones:

http://cache.eb.com/eb/image?id=23050&rendTypeId=4
    http://files.myopera.com/ray-yu/albu...silmetriel.jpg