Thread: TR: Wire Pass / Buckskin / Paria - March 1-4, 2007

TR: Wire Pass / Buckskin / Paria - March 1-4, 2007

I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in backpacking/camping. I settled on the latter, since my trip involved no harnesses, no biners , and the only rope was already there. But I see that Buckskin is listed in the TR Index here, so I'll link to it here as well.

http://www.uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5678

It's long and unwieldy. And slowly evolving. You've been warned.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

OK, I'm a rookie on the forum, but I think you've written an excellent report, with many great photos. I am so impressed that you would take that hike at this time of year, especially solo. So, thanks so very much for sharing and describing a hike that I will never do.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    I am so impressed that you would take that hike at this time of year, especially solo. So, thanks so very much for sharing and describing a hike that I will never do.
    That's nothin'

Trail Canyon in January without wetsuits....now there's true bravery!!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by rockgremlin

That's nothin'

Trail Canyon in January without wetsuits....now there's true bravery!!
    So that's what were calling it - "Bravery" I thought it was "chop rock style"
    Life is Good

Oh yeah, "Choprock Style," that's more fitting.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

thanks so very much for sharing and describing a hike that I will never do.
    You need to add this to your must do list..... if I were ranking hikes this might be #1. Certainly Top 5.

This is also my hot young stripper wife's favorite backpack (in at Wire Pass out at White House).

OK, I'm a rookie on the forum, but I think you've written an excellent report, with many great photos. I am so impressed that you would take that hike at this time of year, especially solo. So, thanks so very much for sharing and describing a hike that I will never do.
    Stan, I don't know if there is some medical condition or some such that would prevent you from doing this. But honestly, if you can hike a sand/gravel trail, you should at least do a day hike, just even the Wire Pass section. Incredible. It's easy to get into the start, and if you only go a mile or two, poke your nose into Buckskin, it is incredibly worthwhile.

Just for the record, I recently did wire Pass and about a mile of Buckskin Gulch. Got some nice photos that I'll post soon. The rocky sections of Buckskin were tough on my bum knee, but it was worth it. My earlier comment of never doing Paria canyon is because I no longer choose to sleep on the ground. At my age, I'm entitled to that choice. You'll eventually understand that decision.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Just for the record, I recently did wire Pass and about a mile of Buckskin Gulch. Got some nice photos that I'll post soon. The rocky sections of Buckskin were tough on my bum knee, but it was worth it. My earlier comment of never doing Paria canyon is because I no longer choose to sleep on the ground. At my age, I'm entitled to that choice. You'll eventually understand that decision.
    Excellent! Glad you got into Wire Pass and Buckskin. And glad you found it worthwhile! Looking forward to your photos.

Ah, I get the not sleeping on the ground thing now. Totally understandable.

I just got my permit for a May backpacking trip through Buckskin and Paria