View Poll Results: How do you find a date or how you would if you were still single today?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • General Online Forums like UUtah.com

1 6.67%
  • Online Dating Forums or Service?

3 20.00%
  • Blind Dates?

1 6.67%
  • Bar or Dance Club?

0 0%
  • Health Club?

1 6.67%
  • Outdoor Activity?

4 26.67%
  • Grocery Store?

1 6.67%
  • Mom sets you up?

0 0%
  • Strip Club? (For Ice)

1 6.67%
  • Church? Work?

3 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Love In The 21st Century

Re: Love In The 21st Century

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    One of my closest friends met her husband at the grocery store - actually SHE picked HIM up. They are an amazing couple - you just never know...
    I rest my case...
    So the next time a man comes up to me in the store and asks me about the proper way to cook meat, I should be nicer?
    Maybe you should volunteer to cook his meat.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1

So the next time a man comes up to me in the store and asks me about the proper way to cook meat, I should be nicer?
    Well hell if he looks good, then oblige him. You know us men don't all have the suave pick up lines...you cant be picky.

I mainly get set up by co-workers. Right Scott? I think they feel bad for me. 25 and single in Utah? What will I ever do?

Strip Club? (For Ice)
    Oh heck no..... you don't date strippers, they are all crazier then hell.....

And I get at least 20 emails each day telling me hundreds of girls in my area want to sleep with me..... I think I'd click on one of those ads if I were still single.....

You know us men don't all have the suave pick up lines...
    Nice shoes.... lets f**k.....

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I dont think you should EVER fall out of practice of dating...I enjoy it and Im sure most guys do.
    You mean you go on dates with your wife? Or you go on dates with other women?
    I would not be alive to talk about it if I dated other women

So you go on dates? Role-play or something? Or just going out and doing stuff together?
    . really, just going out & doing stuff...doesnt take alot of time and well, the role playing thing never panned out very well. To quote Bill Engval, sometimes you just wanna get in there and root around like a couple of pigs....yeah, I am SO romantic

Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    One of my closest friends met her husband at the grocery store - actually SHE picked HIM up. They are an amazing couple - you just never know...
    I rest my case...

LOL! Whatever works!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by caburt
    I mainly get set up by co-workers. Right Scott? I think they feel bad for me. 25 and single in Utah? What will I ever do?
    Oh, man, I was 40 and single when I moved here - just think about how they treated me!! They felt much better when they figured out I was engaged, but then the "when are you having kids" thing started. Most were aghast that when I told them we arent having any! Yikes! Starting to have kids now? Are you kidding? Not for me, thanks.

I met my husband at a bike race. Most of the guys I dated came from the mountain biking association I was affiliated with, and a few from the gym (I know, I can hear ya - "yuck!" but hey, whatever works!) I'm just really glad I dont have to date anymore... got too difficult breaking up - it's hard work finding the perfect guy!
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Online dating service is the way to go. You can find precisely what you're looking for. Do you want a Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, atheist girl from the south, west, or east? Are you looking for a professional or a housewife? Should she be dumb, smart, or brilliant? It's all there online and you can fine tune your choices to your heart's content.

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious
    Online dating service is the way to go. You can find precisely what you're looking for. Do you want a Catholic, Mormon, Jewish, atheist girl from the south, west, or east? Are you looking for a professional or a housewife? Should she be dumb, smart, or brilliant? It's all there online and you can fine tune your choices to your heart's content.
    That sounds too good to be true. I'm gonna do it!

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Oh, man, I was 40 and single when I moved here - just think about how they treated me!! They felt much better when they figured out I was engaged, but then the "when are you having kids" thing started. Most were aghast that when I told them we arent having any! Yikes! Starting to have kids now? Are you kidding? Not for me, thanks.

I met my husband at a bike race. Most of the guys I dated came from the mountain biking association I was affiliated with, and a few from the gym (I know, I can hear ya - "yuck!" but hey, whatever works!) I'm just really glad I dont have to date anymore... got too difficult breaking up - it's hard work finding the perfect guy!
    Same here....I was in my late 30s when I moved here, no kids and didn't plan on starting a family at that age either. It was surprising how many divorced men in their 40s were looking for women quite a bit younger because they planned to start a new family when they remarried.

btw...... I'd rather meet a guy at the gym "meat market" than at the actual meat market.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Bogley BigShot

I know what you mean. I stayed single doing the Athlete (Judo) thing... traveling... living at the Olympic Training Center.... having a blast .... dancing every night at the clubs...........

Then I move to Utah and Bang!!!! --- Something hit me...... like all of the sudden now I need a husband and kids????? It's a sickness here.

Be very careful!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Strip Club? (For Ice)

And I get at least 20 emails each day telling me hundreds of girls in my area want to sleep with me..... I think I'd click on one of those ads if I were still single.....

Does it matter? You hit it once and you are outta there anyway.

Strip Club? (For Ice)

Maybe he needs to meet someone that's worth "hitting" more than once.

Bogley BigShot
    Strip Club? (For Ice)

Maybe he needs to meet someone that's worth "hitting" more than once.

I doubt his wife will let him out that often.

I doubt his wife will let him out that often.
    There should be a special award available for that sainted lady! Something tells me that Ice wouldn't be easy to live with for the most part.

When the subject of being single and dating comes up, Abby and I look at each other with these knowing, grateful looks, as if to say, "thank the stars we don't have to go through that any more!"

We both kissed a lot of frogs before we found our respective princess/prince.