View Poll Results: How do you find a date or how you would if you were still single today?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • General Online Forums like UUtah.com

1 6.67%
  • Online Dating Forums or Service?

3 20.00%
  • Blind Dates?

1 6.67%
  • Bar or Dance Club?

0 0%
  • Health Club?

1 6.67%
  • Outdoor Activity?

4 26.67%
  • Grocery Store?

1 6.67%
  • Mom sets you up?

0 0%
  • Strip Club? (For Ice)

1 6.67%
  • Church? Work?

3 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Love In The 21st Century

Bogley BigShot

Love In The 21st Century

Love, always a complicated business, has only gotten more so in the 21st century. 60 MINUTES shows you what singles are doing today to find that special someone. It's a brave new world with high-tech services on the internet and wild parties that will make your head spin.

http://60minutes.yahoo.com/segment/40/love

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!

Re: Love In The 21st Century

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

Love, always a complicated business, has only gotten more so in the 21st century. 60 MINUTES shows you what singles are doing today to find that special someone. It's a brave new world with high-tech services on the internet and wild parties that will make your head spin.

Tanya - it's a zoo you wouldn't believe existed unless you had to participate in it from time to time. I plan to write a book one day, but will have to sell it under fiction because no one would believe the truth. I could write a whole chapter on the grocery store. Men who come up and ask how to properly cook their meat, etc......

Never regret anything that made you smile!

Bogley BigShot

Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313

Tanya - it's a zoo you wouldn't believe existed unless you had to participate in it from time to time. I plan to write a book one day, but will have to sell it under fiction because no one would believe the truth.

Sometimes I think women like you who are single are lucky... I love dating!!!!!!! ---- But then its nice to not go through all the bad ones to find a good one too. Although I have been lucky. I can't say I have had many bad dates.

Tanya - it's a zoo you wouldn't believe existed unless you had to participate in it from time to time. I plan to write a book one day, but will have to sell it under fiction because no one would believe the truth.

Sometimes I think women like you who are single are lucky... I love dating!!!!!!! ---- But then its nice to not go through all the bad ones to find a good one too. Although I have been lucky. I can't say I have had many bad dates.
    The good part is, I can laugh about it - well most of the time anyway. I was married (way back) and came close to getting married again before I moved out here to Utah. Western men are different than Southern men, but for the most part, (if their Mama raised 'em right) I find the majority of men everywhere to be gentlemen. Knowing me though, you know the guy HAS to have a good sense of humor. An 8" hoo-haw doesn't hurt either! (ok - before everyone strokes, that was a joke!) 7 is plenty........

I'm afraid I would have to find a date that is blind, and find some way to fake the 8" hoo-haw (that's a new one for me). Since my 44th anniversary is this month, I would be in serious trouble re-entering the dating game.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I know people who have met people online and gotten engaged/married without really even meeting. That is crazy!

I met my wife playing frisbee at a church activity. I'm a huge frisbee sport enthusiast (like DiscGolf of DiscGolf-Diver) so for me the way we met was perfect.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

i had the option to go on a blind date with my wife, but decided to go with someone else I knew. Yeah, bad choice. LOL

But fortunately we got to go out later. :)

I put the grocery store...

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by sparker1
    I'm afraid I would have to find a date that is blind, and find some way to fake the 8" hoo-haw (that's a new one for me). Since my 44th anniversary is this month, I would be in serious trouble re-entering the dating game.
    That is awesome!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I know people who have met people online and gotten engaged/married without really even meeting. That is crazy!

I met my wife playing frisbee at a church activity. I'm a huge frisbee sport enthusiast (like DiscGolf of DiscGolf-Diver) so for me the way we met was perfect.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    i had the option to go on a blind date with my wife, but decided to go with someone else I knew. Yeah, bad choice. LOL

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I put the grocery store...

I put that option on there just for you.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I dont think you should EVER fall out of practice of dating...I enjoy it and Im sure most guys do.
    You mean you go on dates with your wife? Or you go on dates with other women?

I dont think you should EVER fall out of practice of dating...I enjoy it and Im sure most guys do.
    I would not be alive to talk about it if I dated other women

Bogley BigShot
    I would not be alive to talk about it if I dated other women

So you go on dates? Role-play or something? Or just going out and doing stuff together?

Quote Originally Posted by jumar

So honey. Did you blow it? Do you still want her?

What did everyone choose? I chose strip club.

Tanya - it's a zoo you wouldn't believe existed unless you had to participate in it from time to time. I plan to write a book one day, but will have to sell it under fiction because no one would believe the truth. I could write a whole chapter on the grocery store. Men who come up and ask how to properly cook their meat, etc......

One of my closest friends met her husband at the grocery store - actually SHE picked HIM up. They are an amazing couple - you just never know...
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    One of my closest friends met her husband at the grocery store - actually SHE picked HIM up. They are an amazing couple - you just never know...
    I rest my case...

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeHugger
    I rest my case...
    So the next time a man comes up to me in the store and asks me about the proper way to cook meat, I should be nicer?