Thread: Bike plans for 2007

Bike plans for 2007

What trips do you have planned in in the back of your mind for this year?

I really want to ride/push my DH rig up from Big Springs, up to the Cascade Saddle at around 10,000 feet. Then bomb all the way down to the valley floor. 5000 foot vertical drop give or take.
    but i am going the have to wait a few months for all the snow to melt....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'd like to hit
    Thunder Mtn
    Porcupine Rim
    Amassa Back
    Sovereign
    Upper Icebox

All of which I haven't been on yet.

Dang - those are 4 or my Utah favorites! This is going to be an exciting summer for you

What/where is Upper Icebox?

I really really want to ride the Tahoe Rim Trail this year. The pictures I've seen are crazy beautiful... just gotta make the drive and do it!

Plus I really want to do a 2-3 day backpack/mtn bike ride. Not sure where or how far yet but it sounds fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    Featured here:

http://www.utahmountainbiking.com/UM...pic.php?t=3032

It's near Broken Mesa in St George, but doesn't look as gnarly.

I think I'll just start off with buying a bike. Then maybe I'll ride it to Einstein Brother's, and pick up a bagel. Afterwards, Starbucks.

That should be enough for me. ;)

Upper Ice Box is lame, although it does tie into Broken Mesa. There are lots of better rides in St George. We will have to ride City Creek, Herritage park, Turtle wall and others next time Sombeech.

I am going to head down to Goosberry soon, Hit Moab after that then probably only be able to ride at Antelope a few times before the snow melts.

This year I want to hit this trails a couple of times each.

Wasatch Crest
    Mid Mountain,
    My usuall north rides (ben lomond, snowbasin, skyline mueller, etc)
    More park city rides
    American fork
    Nebo

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Where is Mid Mountain trail?

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'd like to hit
    Thunder Mtn
    Porcupine Rim
    Amassa Back
    Sovereign
    Upper Icebox

Let me know when you are headed to Moab. I have ridden porcupine amassa and sovereign but would love to do them all again.
    Myself and Greyhair are looking at April 5-8 or somewhere there. if anyone wants to meet for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    I'd like to hit
    Thunder Mtn
    Porcupine Rim
    Amassa Back
    Sovereign
    Upper Icebox

Let me know when you are headed to Moab. I have ridden porcupine amassa and sovereign but would love to do them all again.
    Myself and Greyhair are looking at April 5-8 or somewhere there. if anyone wants to meet for a ride.
    Yeah, you let us know too fourty. I have got to get down to Moab.

Quote Originally Posted by REDFOX
    Where is Mid Mountain trail?
    Mid Mountain Trail is up in Park City. It starts in Deer Valley, wraps around through Park City Mountain Resort, and ends in The Canyons. It's all around 8000 feet, and most of it is single track, but it's not terribly technical.

Mountain Trails Foundation has a map of all the Park City trails, but it looks like they've pulled the old 2006 until the 2007 map is available. (Supposedly later today, but I'll believe it when I see it).

I want to ride quite a few trails in the Park City area, I also want to go and watch the E100 race, I would love to compete in it. The tour de suds trail and gravedigger are on my list too.

I would be more than willing to lead a few rides in the Ogden area especially some of my favorite rides. I would take anyone around any of the trails on or around snowbasin, we need to hit lewis peak as a day long group ride, and I would also like to camp over night up at benlomond or north fork or Mueller or somewhere we can camp and bike.

i have to give fuita a try this year..thunder mtn...gooseberry, again! and all the trails up at snowbasin, my stomping grounds as soon as the snow melts!
    go get lost, it is good for the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnbiker
    Dang - those are 4 or my Utah favorites! This is going to be an exciting summer for you

I really really want to ride the Tahoe Rim Trail this year. The pictures I've seen are crazy beautiful... just gotta make the drive and do it!

Plus I really want to do a 2-3 day backpack/mtn bike ride. Not sure where or how far yet but it sounds fun.
    Ian, Rich and I totally want to do the Tahoe Rim Trail as well - maybe we ought pack up the Vanagon and hit it - probably August for us though...

Dont really have any other plans - a lot of time out of town this year doing other stuff - One thing we are going to try to do is a long weekend in Durango, and we're going out east for the 24 hours of Killington race.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~ Frost

Three things I ride all the time that you guys GOTTA ride:

BLACK DRAGON- in the SRSwell- 18 mile downhill into a gnarlly cliff-cutter wash fast & fun as hell.

IRON WASH SINGLETRACK- also in the SRSwell- Burly desert singletrack with as much technical challenge as you can stand.

FISH CREEK TRAIL- in the Manti forest- Runs from Skyline Drive 17 miles downhill along the creek. Crazy-fast marshy-alpine run. Ends at Scofield Res'.

...Of course, you guys haven't even seen the singletrack here in town yet, so this other stuff might be a bit much for ya.
    SCREW SEA OTTER!!!!!!! http://FuzzysBicycleworks.com

I would also love to hit Thunder Mountain, great scenery.

Also on the list:

anything in Flagstaff
    Moab
    Sedona
    Brian Head 100, if it happens
    Rainbow Rim
    Some Saint George stuff.
    gears and suspension are for old men and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy TheBikeGuy
    FISH CREEK TRAIL- in the Manti forest- Runs from Skyline Drive 17 miles downhill along the creek. Crazy-fast marshy-alpine run. Ends at Scofield Res'.
    Is a shuttle required? Any more info about this trail. :D

As for 2007? I'd like to do some mtn bike touring this year. Load up the Yak and take off for a long weekend. Anyone here tour?

Moab is always fun, but theres nothing like running miles upon miles of high alpine meadow single track and aspen groves in mid summer. *drooool*

The Moab run is gonna ROCK! Id love to do Amasa Back again, probably get some good pics on it with Safari going on and Porcupine Rim is always a good ride...shuttle up to the trailhead and leave a vehicle down at the little park near matrimony springs(north of town)...cuts lots of miles off the run, as for riding off the Skyline Road Id prefer to shuttle up & ride like a bat outa hell down!