Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weekly rides this summer

Weekly rides this summer

I know it is kind of early but since I now work in SLC I figure I can meet up with you SLC boys to ride on the weekly rides this year. I was wondering what days would be best this year and would like to get things rolling pretty soon cause we will be able to hit the lower stuff pretty quick. Also maybe a Saturday ride a month or something like that. Whats your thoughts on that.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

yeah baby.

I'm working in SLC too, I'll bring my bike to work.

Wasn't it tuesdays? We should have an Ogden night too.

Man I agree, don't you work on 33rd also, you need to let me know that way we can get together easier. I am all bout havin a Ogden night and a SLC night that would be sweet. I am ready to get together with you all soon!!

I would be down for The Saturday rides. I work nights so I don't think I could make weekday night rides
    SUWA Hates you, JUST SAY NO TO SUWA
    "Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared". Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by BrainDamage
    I would be down for The Saturday rides. I work nights so I don't think I could make weekday night rides
    I ride almost every saturday morning in the summer and then hit the lake in the afternoon, it would be cool if we could swap a slc sat and then a northern saturday or else just plan some cool rides. I want to get out more on the SLC trails, but dont want the traffic?

It is Tuesdays. We typically wait for the time change, it is early this year so we get a jump on the season! I have my winter layer of FAT so we usually start off slow but I'll catch up to you youngsters soon

What night works for everyone up here in Ogden? I am up for any night. I can't wait to get out and ride. Headin to St. George this weekend for a bike race and a little ridin. Anyways lets get together soon.

I'm ready to do some rides as well. I can't wait for the time change.javascript:emoticon('')
    Cool

any night

I think that any night other than friday night would work for me, I am also down for getting a night ride together and going as a group, I think that would be great and I have an extra light to lend to someone.

If Tuesdays are the SLC night then what about Thursdays? Or Hell even tuesday for the North Guys and then just rotate back and forth from a SLC ride to a Ogden area ride? I am game for whatever.

I am ready to go! I just got my new tires in the mail and I got the treadmill thang goin'....

I lead a group ride every other Thur. evening for Utah Rocky Mtn. Bikers up American Fork Canyon. Anyone who wants to come along is welcome. We will ride at the slowest riders pace. This is a great opportunity to ride the Ridge Trail 157 trail system if you haven't before. This trail is usually rideable by the end of May, first of June.
    Are we there yet?

Tallsteve,

Keep us informed on the rides and the times, I would love to go and ride down there and get to know a few more trails. What time do you usually start your rides? I hear that trail system down there is pretty cool.

I'll keep you informed. We usually meet at the mouth of the canyon at around 6:00 pm. Once you ride it once with someone who knows the trails you can then do it on your own after that. Still one of my favorite rides in the state.
    Are we there yet?

Layton/Kaysville riders?

I've been tossing around the idea of starting a weekly ride on the BST in the Layton/Kaysville area. Probably Thursday nights....any interest in that??? It would be cool to have an informal group to ride with, I seem to ride it alone most of the time.

Maybe even a Layton/Kaysville/Ogden group? Switch it up each week between areas maybe?

Beau

Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    It is Tuesdays. We typically wait for the time change, it is early this year so we get a jump on the season! I have my winter layer of FAT so we usually start off slow but I'll catch up to you youngsters soon
    Ill come down for any rides I can work in....wouldnt want Fourtycal to be the only old guy there

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtycal
    Ill come down for any rides I can work in....wouldnt want Fourtycal to be the only old guy there
    Thanks man!

So, what do you guys think? How's the Bonneville Shoreline looking? I assume that's one of the first trails to dry out.

It should be pretty much dried out with occasional muddy sections this week. I am going to ride it this wed and see what shape it is in and then I will let you kow, or better yet you can join me if you want to?

rode it friday from ogden canyon north. trail in good shape, ran the trail heading south from ogden canyon, still pretty muddy. I am going to ride the north trail today...see how far i can get.
    go get lost, it is good for the soul