Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comcast

Comcast

Last week I called comcast and told them I was getting a divorce and need to change the cable into my name (it was in my wifes). Because I am a "new customer" they bumped my internet connection up 2mb, gave me more channels, A cable box with HD outputs, and cut 30 bucks a month on my cable bill for the next few months.

Feels great to stick it to them for a change ... oh wait.. i am still getting screwed.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

With Iprovo (Iveracity / MStar) Comcast has had to lower it's prices a lot. I just switched from Iveractiy to Mstar. It's cheaper and has 15 megabits instead of 10.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

P.S. I didn't know you were going through a divorce. I'm sorry to hear that.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    With Iprovo (Iveracity / MStar) Comcast has had to lower it's prices a lot. I just switched from Iveractiy to Mstar. It's cheaper and has 15 megabits instead of 10.
    hmm i am curious

what speed ratings do you get from these two sites?

from CNET's
    http://reviews.cnet.com/7004-7254_7-0.html

i usually get between 1000-3500 kbps

from speakeasy's
    http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

i usually get 8000-12000 kbps

Re: Comcast

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    Last week I called comcast and told them I was getting a divorce and need to change the cable into my name (it was in my wifes). Because I am a "new customer" they bumped my internet connection up 2mb, gave me more channels, A cable box with HD outputs, and cut 30 bucks a month on my cable bill for the next few months.

Feels great to stick it to them for a change ... oh wait.. i am still getting screwed.

hmm i am guessing you're not getting a divorce (you just had a child) and you've figured out a way to lower the internet price for another 6 months

I am not getting a divorce, I was just sick of paying comcast $110+ every month. I know its dishonest, I do not like to lie at all but i really don't like comcast support/service or their overall product.

Discgo, I am so jealous of your connection! Gaming sucks on comcast the upload speeds are just a joke.
    Last year I was told Utopia would be in my area "in a month" but now its not going to be until late fall '07

My speakeasy stats, SanFransico server:
    Last Result:
    Last Result:
    Download Speed: 9265 kbps (1158.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 729 kbps (91.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    post yours so I can cry.

I am not getting a divorce, I was just sick of paying comcast $110+ every month. I know its dishonest, I do not like to lie at all but i really don't like comcast support/service or their overall product.

Discgo, I am so jealous of your connection! Gaming sucks on comcast the upload speeds are just a joke.
    but as i understand it ALL upload speeds are crap. the point being that they don't want you to use it for commercial purposes without their receiving a part of your earnings. sux for the rest of us

do some companies have much higher upload speeds?

okay yeah, i just looked up discgolf's, dang 15 each way ... nice.

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    okay yeah, i just looked up discgolf's, dang 15 each way ... nice.
    yeah... and only 40 bucks a month.
    I also heard you can get the 15 up/down and VOIP line w/ phone for $70per month.

So all you have to do is lie about getting divorced?? Comcast is screwing me on my internet and they were on cable so I decided to finally get DISH NETWORK

Quote Originally Posted by stefan

i usually get 8000-12000 kbps

Me too. I get up to 15 kbps but to get 15 I have to go straight modem to pc. Not that you guys probably really care but I have 3 modems with cords going all around the outside of my house (hooked up to xboxes all over my house for streaming video). I have an FTP server for my family, and I have a lot of bandwidth going to bit torrents.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Not that you guys probably really care but I have 3 modems with cords going all around the outside of my house (hooked up to xboxes all over my house for streaming video)
    hell yeah, that rules! you should get a long cable, run it orem, and let me leach off your upload speeds

Our old cable company was just bought out by Comcast. Nothing new.

you should get a long cable, run it orem, and let me leach off your upload speeds

Here at my office, we have DSL...

How sad is that?

hell yeah, that rules! you should get a long cable, run it orem, and let me leach off your upload speeds
    Can you say "attenuation"? You're gonna need some repeaters.

Download: 4,207,888 bps
    Upload: 429,792 bps
    QOS: 98%
    RTT: 60 ms
    MaxPause: 20 ms

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Can you say "attenuation"? You're gonna need some repeaters.
    why do you gotta burst my bubble Kris...

I still have dial-up at home. we get like 26 kbps. I take a shower, mow the lawn, vacuum the house, cook dinner, etc. everytime I go to a new page. We dont use it that much at home so I cant bring myself to upgrade. We only pay $10 a month for internet and email.
    The man thong is wrong.