Thread: Hi all

Hi all

Glad i stumbled across this site. I'm definitely not new to the canyons. First trip into the needles was in 1976. I've managed to log a lot of days over the years wandering around mostly in search or ruins and rockart. lately I've been getting into doing long solo trips and some of the slots. Canyonlands, Cedar Mesa, and Escalante are my favorites.

Grew up in Denver area then moved to Glenwood Springs and CMC in 75, moved to Alaska in 84 then moved 1/2 time to New Zealand in 04. now i go from summer to summer. Haven't had a winter in almost 4 years. I spend my northern summers in Alaska as a fiishing guide. This way I can manage a trip to the canyons in April and October.

I'll be out there this April 23rd til May 15th. Maybe I'll see some of you.

cheers,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

welcome to the site

hope you enjoy yourself here. looking forward to hearing about your trip

I have seen you post in other threads and I wondered if I missed your welcoming thread. I'm glad to finally be able to say welcome to the site and I'm glad you have joined.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Hey, solo guy - I'm keen on the solo trips, myself. Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the group denaliguide. Your experience and adventures will certainly be welcome on uutah.com.

Welcome to the forum, I look forward to seeing you around here!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

Bogley BigShot
    I love the Aussie acent!

Welcome!

What part of Anchorage do you go up to?

I spent 6 summers in Juneau and I'm headed to Anchorage this summer.

Welcome to the coolest forum on the internets!

What part of Anchorage do you go up to?

I spent 6 summers in Juneau and I'm headed to Anchorage this summer.
    i guess all of it. anchorage is'nt that big. only around 300,000 is all. unless you meant alaska instead of anchorage. i've spent 10 years around anchorage and lots of time in the bush of western alaska and mostly the bristol bay region. i did spend a summer in juneau and one in skagway years ago.

Hey, Howdy, and Welcome.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Quote Originally Posted by denaliguide
    i guess all of it. anchorage is'nt that big. only around 300,000 is all. unless you meant alaska instead of anchorage. i've spent 10 years around anchorage and lots of time in the bush of western alaska and mostly the bristol bay region. i did spend a summer in juneau and one in skagway years ago.
    Yeah, I said Anchorage but I meant Alaska. I have spent most of my time in Juneau but I have also spent a fair amount of time in Skagway.

Fun to have you aboard this site.

Visitors found this page by searching for:

Outdoor Forum