Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long was yer COMMUTE today??

How long was yer COMMUTE today??

It normal takes me about 30 minutes, but today was diabolical!

It took me 35 minutes to get 5 minutes from my house. So my total commute time ended up being around an hour and thirty minutes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: How long was yer COMMUTE today??

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    It normal takes me about 30 minutes, but today was diabolical!

It took me 35 minutes to get 5 minutes from my house. So my total commute time ended up being around an hour and thirty minutes.
    I was 5 minutes late. I show at 6 am, tons of snow I was just the only one out there at 5:20.

I think it took me a total of ten minutes, and that was even walking into the building.

I do have to go to Lehi later today se we will see. I am hoping by afternoon the roads will be clear.

I purposely left late today, just to avoid the major traffic. Seems like everyone has forgotten how to drive in the snow this "winter".

Normal around 48mins, today about 1 hr 10 mins

For 16 years before I was married, I lived in downtown Ada, just six blocks from work. My average morning commute was about 80 seconds.

Now we live in Byng, a small community six miles north of Ada, so my commute is about 10 minutes. Abby's work is around the "loop" on the south side of town, so it's closer to 20 minutes for her.

-Richard

I enjoyed a beautiful sunrise this morning on the way to work. Partly cloudy skies, 40 degrees.

The only bad thing that happened to me this morning was I nailed a HUGE jackrabbit, and it put another crack in my front bumper. Damn rabbits!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I should just work from home on mornings like this. We have someone different bring breakfast ever Friday on my team. So I just endured THAT for crispy cremes...

I had some major dental work done yesterday so I am out today. I almost went snowboarding but its was a choice between pain meds and snowboard.... I chose my meds

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    I should just work from home on mornings like this. We have someone different bring breakfast ever Friday on my team. So I just endured THAT for crispy cremes...
    That was my exact reason to push on and be on time to work.....dognuts!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    I didn't know you were a veterinarian. You must have had some neutering scheduled this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    I didn't know you were a veterinarian. You must have had some neutering scheduled this morning.
    Things we don't know about each other!

[hijack]BTW...Kim or "jowchie" from my team has the number one article on www.digg.com today. His article currently has nearly 3000 diggs. You'll see his article on the right, "D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y."[/hijack]

Hell, it just got bumped...they must have refreshed the articles just now.

This was it: http://digg.com/offbeat_news/D_E_F_I_N_I_T_E_L_Y

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    It took me an extra 60 seconds to get into the office this morning because I had to open up a fresh can of coffee. Commute is apprx. 1 minute each morning because I work from home - for the most part. On days like today, I am happy that I do.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

5 min. I love living close to work.

My commute was 2 1/2 minutes. It would have only been 20 seconds but I stopped for coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    For 16 years before I was married, I lived in downtown Ada, just six blocks from work. My average morning commute was about 80 seconds.

Now we live in Byng, a small community six miles north of Ada, so my commute is about 10 minutes. Abby's work is around the "loop" on the south side of town, so it's closer to 20 minutes for her.

-Richard
    richard, i've been meaning to ask how you pronounce Byng ... is it like bing? or with a serious accent like ... buy-ng or bang

Commute? Oh - yeah - get in a car and drive to work. Hmmmm.... I walked from my bedroom to my desk - boot up my laptop, sign in, start hunting heads - about 1 minute or so.