Thread: MD Ranch Cookhouse...

MD Ranch Cookhouse...

...in Monticello is closing it's doors. The final day it is open for business is the 28th of March.

I know it was Richard's favorite place to eat in Monticello...sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I write this on behalf of both Abby and me.

We are sorry to see it go, and we are glad we got to enjoy it last year. Abby is drinking her coffee from an MD Ranch Cookhouse mug as I write this.

What is becoming of it? Is it for sale?

-Richard

Too bad. I've eaten there, always had a few real cowboys around. Apparently, too few.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Quote Originally Posted by abbysm
    I write this on behalf of both Abby and me.

We are sorry to see it go, and we are glad we got to enjoy it last year. Abby is drinking her coffee from an MD Ranch Cookhouse mug as I write this.

What is becoming of it? Is it for sale?

-Richard
    Nobody really knows. Rumors are that it was going to be sold, but then the potential buyer backed out last minute, leaving them high and dry. I'll post more info as it becomes available.

Abby and I were also both disappointed to find that our favorite hole-in-the-wall in Santa Fe, a Chinese place called Ten-Ten, also closed its doors.

I got an update...be warned...this is quite dramatic!

We went to dinner at MD last Friday, and the latest word is that the owners are selling it to someone else. Under the new ownership, the menu and some other things will change. It will appear very similar to the Cracker Barrel restaurants.

Anyway, since the owners are selling to someone else, the folks who currently manage the MD are a little miffed about the new terms, so they are gonna bail, and possibly manage the Spurs restaurant there just around the corner (since the current owners of the Spurs are looking to get out of the restaurant game by the end of March -- they apparently hate managing that place).

Personally, the MD can dry up and blow away as far as I'm concerned. We sat there and waited for 45 minutes for a burger and a turkey sandwich -- and it wasn't busy at all! We were putting our coats on and getting ready to leave when our food arrived. I'll stick with the Lamplight, and Line Camp -- excellent food, and I've never waited longer than 20 minutes for my meal at either place -- even during busy weekends.

Abby says she's seen it before - disgruntled waitstaff in rebellion. When we visited in October, the food was great, the place was uncrowded, and the staff seemed perfectly gruntled.

-Richard

I can see the caption for this pic "Will you please put that camera away so I can eat in peace"

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    I can see the caption for this pic "Will you please put that camera away so I can eat in peace"

"My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Maybe a mere mortal would react that way, but Abby is the undisputed queen of being photographed. She just smiled and kept on eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Maybe a mere mortal would react that way
    I can certainly say that I am a mere mortal.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5