Thread: Congratulations Moderators

Congratulations Moderators

I noticed that a few of you guys in the last couple of months have recently become moderators. Congratulations! I just wanted to say thanks in advance for keeping this site going strong!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

do you want to be a mod on uutah disc?

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Summit42

He was asked.... and turned it down due to his extended vacations. Must be nice Disgo.

I would but I'm taking off in 2 months for the summer.

thats a joke right?

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    He was asked.... and turned it down due to his extended vacations. Must be nice Disgo.
    Don't get me wrong, my summer is going to be awesome, but I'll be working between 70-80 hours every week. I will just have more sunlight with which I can play.

thats a joke right?
    I am going back to Alaska for the summer.

What are you doing up there Discgo?

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    thats a joke right?
    I am going back to Alaska for the summer.
    That's a great place to summer. When we were there, we'd see people boating, fishing, canoeing, etc at midnight or 1 am. I suppose they must "catch up" after months of short days.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

I have spent 6 summers as a tour guide in Southeast Alaska, but this summer I am going to drive a tour bus. It is pretty sweet deal because you largely get paid to be a tourist. You get to do what everyone else does and you get paid for it. Plus like I said I'll be working 70-80 hours a week and in Alaska everything over 8 in a day is overtime and 40 in a week. So between killer overtime and tips, I make bank.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys don't want to hear every detail but there are some awesome perks to this job. (My favorite of which is: When I take people to Denali, they hang out for a day or two but I get paid to just go play and I don't have to see anyone if I don't want to). It is hard to beat getting paid to play.

That sounds awesome man! What do you do as a regular job that you can take the summers off?

I was a student until August. I looked for a career until January and just decided to go back up to Alaska to build another "nest egg". I currently mostly do computer side jobs, and I'm starting a computer support job next week (until I go).

Alaska everything over 8 in a day is overtime and 40 in a week. So between killer overtime and tips, I make bank.
    Alaska have very OT laws just like california. Its either 8 per day or 40 straight-time hours per week, whichever occurs first. So you wont be getting triple time... that would be nice

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal disco. I would love to head up to Alaska one of these days. What city/area are you headed for?

Alaska have very OT laws just like california. Its either 8 per day or 40 straight-time hours per week, whichever occurs first. So you wont be getting triple time... that would be nice
    It works out a lot better this way though, because you can still have 30 hours of overtime and get a day or two off in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    What city/area are you headed for?
    I will have an apartment in Anchorage, but I will be driving all over (Anchorage, Fairbanks, Denali, Seward, Valdez, etc.)

I have spent 6 summers as a tour guide in Southeast Alaska, but this summer I am going to drive a tour bus. It is pretty sweet deal because you largely get paid to be a tourist. You get to do what everyone else does and you get paid for it. Plus like I said I'll be working 70-80 hours a week and in Alaska everything over 8 in a day is overtime and 40 in a week. So between killer overtime and tips, I make bank.

Anyway, I'm sure you guys don't want to hear every detail but there are some awesome perks to this job. (My favorite of which is: When I take people to Denali, they hang out for a day or two but I get paid to just go play and I don't have to see anyone if I don't want to). It is hard to beat getting paid to play.
    You DAWG!!! That sounds like a lot of fun. A lot of responsibility and hours, but a lot of fun.
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Where's this uutah disc site?

Nice deal, DiscGo. I've met a few people who work in AK tourism and make enough in 4 months to live in FL the rest of the year. Be sure to post a few photos from all those great locations.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1