Thread: Best Inventions of 2006 (Time Magazine Article)

Best Inventions of 2006 (Time Magazine Article)

I receive Time magazine each month and I was reading an article earlier (from a month ago) about the best inventions of 2006. It was a really interesting article, and I thought I would share it here in case any of you were interested.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I really enjoyed the section on alternative fuel (but maybe that is because I just watched "Off the Grid"). I don't understand how YouTube can make the 2006 list??? And I thought the shirt that gives hugs was funny.

Those are pretty cool inventions. I like the flower lamp that is a great idea.
    The man thong is wrong.

Did you read about the water machine that takes the water from the air and bottles it for drinking? It really is an amazing time in which we live.

I decided to post more of this article on my family website, and I deiceded to copy and paste it here:

I was reading an article in Time about best inventions of 2006. It was a really interesting article, and I thought I would share it here in case any of you were interested.

machine Rain Maker:

The Rain Maker takes the water out of the air and bottles it for drinking.

Cat for people with allergies

People with the worst allergies can still have these cats. (Don't tell Ruth)

Floating Bed

This bed uses magnets to levitate off the ground. The strings here only prevent it from moving away.

[url=http://www.time.com/time/2006/techguide/bestinventions/inventions/light.html] Flower Light [/url

When it senses that power consumption is low, it rewards you by blooming - its metal petals unfold attractively. If you start draining too much electricity, it closes up again

Tesla Roadster

Electric car that goes 0-60 in 4 secs. It can go 250 miles on one charge.

Talking Head

It looks like an ordinary mirror most of the time, but when it's activated, an ethereal face appears on its surface, and it makes timely pronouncements--that a car has arrived in your driveway, for example, or that the Jacuzzi is warm--in the voice of a snooty English butler. Just don't ask it, Who's the fairest of them all?

Anyway, I really enjoyed the article and I recommend checking it out: The article