Thread: Moab TR 2-20-07

Moab TR 2-20-07

Friends,

I'm in no mood to write trip reports, so just take what you get.

Drove down Friday night. Camped at Negro Bill. Saturday I battled 30+ jeeps on the Poison Spider Mesa Trail and went out on the Portal Trail. I then went climbing at Wall Street with some people I met. Camped at Negro Bill again.

Sunday I rode Moab Rim (trail from hell), went to church, and watched Nascar. Camped uh . . . somewhere.

Monday I did the Gemini Bridges road/trail. I'm pretty sure I could have gotten my subaru out on the bridges with how "maintained" that road is.

Overall, my weekend made me happy. Work is making me frustrated.

It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Yeah, the road out to Gemini Bridges from the bottom. It is passable for most of the way but sections are best done in 4wd. Fourtycal and I drove out to it in my Dodge a few years back and got all the way to or near the base of the arches. You have to hike some of it and you cant camp out there anymore(at the base) or at least ever since the last vehicle fell off the edge and under the arch...they didnt survive the fall.

Re: Moab TR 2-20-07

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Sunday I rode Moab Rim (trail from hell)
    You're an animal. That's hard enough to Jeep up.

Re: Moab TR 2-20-07

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Sunday I rode Moab Rim (trail from hell)
    You're an animal. That's hard enough to Jeep up.
    I LOVE the Moab Rim trail...going DOWN! Havent done it since they took the chairlift out though.

Well done price. You need to hook up with the rest of the uutah posse for some riding this year.

I am also ready to hook up with you all and go riding this summer. Nice write up price great pics! Since I now work on 33rd in SLC I figure I will be able to make it to your tuesday rides and ride some of the trails in SLC.

Price, is this place you camped the place where you share a room with other people? I am thinking about heading down there and not sure if I want to camp our or Hotel it?

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

You better believe we are going to get those Tuesday rides going again. I gotta get some rubber for my bike...

Quote Originally Posted by live2ride
    I am also ready to hook up with you all and go riding this summer. Nice write up price great pics! Since I now work on 33rd in SLC I figure I will be able to make it to your tuesday rides and ride some of the trails in SLC.

Price, is this place you camped the place where you share a room with other people? I am thinking about heading down there and not sure if I want to camp our or Hotel it?
    I just camped this time in the regular campgrounds in a tent. Negro Bill is right at the Pork trailhead.

I have stayed at the hostel, and while not that great, It's pretty good for $9. Shared rooms, so bring earplugs or plan on hearing people snore. Showers, TV, Grill, etc included. I'll put in a good word for the place.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.