Thread: Plea for Help

Plea for Help

As many of you know a handfull of cavers have been fighting with the state trust for the last couple of years to keep Nutty Putty and other caves on their land open.

I am very sad to report that we had to seal off one of the caves this weekend. A couple of weeks ago some yahoo shot the lock, they were not successful at getting in. Then this weekend (Friday Night) they made another attempt and were successful.

The cave they broke into was not at all significant. That made the deciscion to seal it easier. But it is bringing back to life the talk of sealing Nutty Putty permanently. The state trust would be more than happy to toss boulders into the entrance and dump a truck full of cement over it.

excuse me while I yell for a moment...
    NUTTY PUTTY IS VERY EASY TO GET ACCESS TO!!! You simply fill out the form and agree to do it safely and with the proper gear. The only pain is the 3 days in advance.

Please help us to keep Nutty Putty and other caves on State Trust land open by spreading the word and abiding to the rules. You might think the grottos are the ones closing off the caves. That is not the case, we have fought long to keep them open, many of us put in countless hours of volunteer work to provide access to you. Please help us to keep the caves open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The same situation is happening with countless caves of BLM and Forest service land. The grottos are your friends.. we are working to keep caves open rather than being closed permanently.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    I find that the abusers are usually local teen kids. It is rarely the people that post in forums. You need to get the word to them. We have the same problem with things here on the east side of Zion.

Please help us to keep Nutty Putty and other caves on State Trust land open by spreading the word and abiding to the rules.
    I'll second that.
    Trying to break into the gate or causing other problems IS a good way of getting it permanently closed.

Logan Cave is another one that is now permanently closed because of some yahoos. Nutty Putty is easy to get access to. Bucking the rules in this case will hurt more than it will help.

For the record, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. The people I know on this forum are very respecful, and I wouldn't expect them to be the ones causing the problems.

Just if you have opportunities to spread the word...

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    The people I know on this forum are very respecful, and I wouldn't expect them to be the ones causing the problems.
    True. I'd even expect pictures from our users if they went there. If anybody here goes to a cave, they tell about it here.