Thread: BLASTED SNOW!!!

BLASTED SNOW!!!

Good day for skiing but I just washed my motorcycle and was planning on riding this week.

I got 3 inches of fluffy goodness this morn at my house. What does everyone else have?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

7 inches on the stick in Millville,Ut. Maybe CCing tomorrow.

My son Mitchell and I are going down to the Chickasaw National Recreation Area, http://www.nps.gov/chic , for a little hiking, because the high today in our area is supposed to be 70. Please don't hate me.

-R

Darn Snow

I got about 5 inches when I woke up for WORK, yeah I have to work today so I hope it snows like crazy, also what is it with people forgetting how to drive in snow? There were 5 or six crashes this morning. Looks like this snow will help the snowshoeing out a bit also!!!

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

I wish we had this snow on Friday. I went snowshoeing on Saturday and the trail was so packed down that I really didn't need snowshoes for most of it.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

So. Idaho has about 5 times as much snow as northern Utah. Just can't believe what a difference 20 miles makes. I haven't even skied up Logan canyon this year. Cross Country skiing that is.

Well, my 4 year old and I made some good use of the snow today.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I wish we had this snow on Friday. I went snowshoeing on Saturday and the trail was so packed down that I really didn't need snowshoes for most of it.
    That is pretty much the story of this year for me, I have been a day late so most of the trails are pretty packed by the time I make it. That mean that I had to get off the trails and search for any kind of powder.

Two wheels are better than four, keep the rubber side down.

We are back from the Chickasaw park. We had fun. Some nice hikes, a nice scramble down a cliff at Bromide Hill, and some very nice weather.

As always, galleries are in the making. In the mean time, here we are...

-Richard

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    Where'd you go? I helped my buddy haul his boys up to Donut Falls. I'd never been there before and was really sad when it was closed last year. Thanks SL County for buying the access. For the most part snowshoes weren't required, but there was one time I stepped off the trail to get out of some people's way and wound up "device deep" (my personal canyoneering term). It was a fun hike. I'll be heading back up there in the summer for sure.

An update for the out of staters. The snow stopped around 9:00AM and it's now beautiful and sunny. Here's hoping for another storm about Thrusday/Friday so the skiing is good for the weekend.
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Quote Originally Posted by moabfool
    I stepped off the trail to get out of some people's way and wound up "device deep" (my personal canyoneering term).
    Would that be "belay device"? Or just... Well, I won't go there. Literally.

Up in Vancouver, rainy, about 45 (8 in real degrees), rainy, and up to 30 knot winds. Did I mention rainy?

It'll be in the 40's here tomorrow

50's here tomorrow and the next day...bye, bye snow.

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    50's here tomorrow and the next day...bye, bye snow.
    Till Friday anyway. Sounds like Friday's storm may be worse that Sunday's. But hold on, Spring is really coming, I saw Geese heading North when I was on my way to Vernal this morning. For me, these snow storms are no big deal cause I don't have to shovel anymore. With in 24 hours it is melted from my walks. (House faces south)
    Life is Good

We made it to 50 today, the crap is melting

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron

-Richard
    Having an outdoorsy, professional photographer must be the best as a kid. I hardly have any good pictures of me growing up. I hope your kids appreciate how lucky they are.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5