Thread: Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave!

Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave!

This BLOWS!!!! This is my favorite band right now and they have only made 3 albums!!! There is no such thing as a super group anymore...gosh this friggin' SUCKS!!!

Audioslave frontman Chris Cornell has announced he will be leaving the group due to "irresolvable personality conflicts as well as musical differences". There has been no further word on whether the band will continue without him, and if so, who would take over vocal duties.

Meanwhile, the remaining members of Audioslave will be taking part in the "knockout blow" reunion of the year, with their prior vocalist Zach de la Rocha, in the form of Rage Against the Machine at this year's Coachella festival. Guitarist Tom Morello has stated that the reunion is a one-shot deal.

http://www.punknews.org/article/22273

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    Meanwhile, the remaining members of Audioslave will be taking part in the "knockout blow" reunion of the year, with their prior vocalist Zach de la Rocha, in the form of Rage Against the Machine at this year's Coachella festival. Guitarist Tom Morello has stated that the reunion is a one-shot deal.
    Coachella tickets just assumed a myth-like red-hot ticket-of-the-year status.

I just googled it. They play on sunday. So does Willie Nelson. Hmmm. Best mismatch I've heard of since Prince opened for the Stones.

Re: Chris Cornell leaves Audioslave!

This BLOWS!!!! This is my favorite band right now and they have only made 3 albums!!! There is no such thing as a super group anymore...gosh thing friggin' SUCKS!!!
    That does suck, I really like their music. They are one of the few bands that I can listen to an album from beginning to end and like every song.

I saw this article yesterday on yahoo but I foolishly thought it Chris Cornell from SNL. I have never heard of the band, but now I'm going to look in to them.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I am more upset that sound garden broke up.

Quote Originally Posted by Summit42
    I am more upset that sound garden broke up.
    Me too! I only own one Audioslave album, but I have all of Soundgarden's, and I think they're a much better band. Maybe this will pave the way for a Soundgarden reunion? Probably not, but one can only hope.

well - we can all go see VH reunion tour. Not sure how long that will last - but at least I can go and see VH again with DLR

I wonder if he left because Morello wanted to play more goofy riffs and rip off, er, imitate Steve Vai more?

After Summit's comment, I did a search on Sound Garden and I (A) now realize who "Chris Cornell" is and (B) was disappointed to find out how Sound Garden broke up.

I had heard a story about Sound Garden placing a very tight budget of (2,000 a month per person) when they started getting big, to make sure the music was never about the band. And that they split up because they wanted to go out on top and spend some of that money. Have any of you guys heard anything like that? I just did a search on wikipedia and didn't find anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Garden#.281995-1997.29_Down_on_the_Upside_and_break-up] Sound Garden [/url][/b] placing a very tight budget of (2,000 a month per person) when they started getting big, to make sure the music was never about the band. And that they split up because they wanted to go out on top and spend some of that money. Have any of you guys heard anything like that? I just did a search on wikipedia and didn't find anything like that.

That seems totally improbably... 2,000 a month? Rock Stars on a budget? I don't think Wikipedia or any source would confirm that, that's like me saying I'm actually a real live Pimp.

Yeah the story reported on Wikipedia of their break up is totally different than what I had heard (and seems a lot more believable). I had heard something about one of the members driving the same van during their whole time together because of that budget... anyway it sounds like I have heard a lot of things that aren't true.

I cant friggin believe this!! I have all of Audioslaves' stuff & most Soundgarden...Chris Cornell ROCKS! and both bands are/were amazing! Talk about a total and complete letdown..I was looking forward to seeing them in concert somewhere... WTF!

Yup, SUCKS!! There is no way that they'll be able to replace him.

come on guys, its not like hendrix died.

true...they cant ALL be ACDC!!