View Poll Results: Do You Like Puzzle Caches?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 62.50%
  • No

3 37.50%

Thread: Do You Like Puzzle Caches?

Do You Like Puzzle Caches?

I was just wondering the consensus of Puzzle
    Caches. Personally, I like them if I can solve them.

511!
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Do You Like Puzzle Caches?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    Personally, I like them if I can solve them.

That is pretty much how I feel. The harder they are, the more exciting they are to figure out. But I get so fed up with misleading clues that I often only go for the easier caches.

I found Mr Anderson & the Power Wizard very frustrating. Chhugo has changed the listing since but it used to list the cache as being visible from the right angle at all times. I went there 3 or 4 times before I finally got sick of it and brought work gloves and just went to down on the bush. Anyway, I just find it frustrating when the clues hurt more than they help.

I don't know if you guys have ever done "Lesson in Evil" ( MacGyver Cache # 110 ) but it was awesome. It used to be a multi-cache but it has been changed now. It took my wife and I a while to find it but once we figured it out, it was very rewarding!
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

I'm not a big fan of puzzles. I mean, it's good that they have a "catch-all" type of cache, so that you can list something other than a "go to the coords and look for the container" kind of cache. Most people use that cache type so that you actually have to solve some sort of puzzle, and the puzzle usually has nothing to do with geocaching. It would be cool if you had to figure out some sort of navigation puzzle, or something else having to do with location/maps/travel/geocaching, but there are very few puzzle caches like that.

The caches I usually don't like are the micros. I have done some great ones but most just frustrate me.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

If they are easy I like caches that are meant to be found and that my kids can find; so I avoid multi's, puzzles and micros. I don't mind working for a cache, I'll travel and hike many miles but when I get there I'd like to find it.

Re: Do You Like Puzzle Caches?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman1830
    I was just wondering the consensus of Puzzle
    Caches. Personally, I like them if I can solve them.
    Thats how I feel, I have not been able to figure out any of Geocadets puzzles! but I have enjoyed the ones I could do! my favorite one was by Chili-Tepin-The Masonic Mistakes. http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...6-57dd0e448f13

It was fun reasearching this type of code and reading how they used it in the civil war, also Jesse James used this code to hide his loot!

If you want to try this one I'll give u a small hint...(chili tepin always signs his name with red ink!)
    If you are not living life on the edge.......YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH DAMN SPACE!!!