Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Shooting at Trolley Square

Quote Originally Posted by jumar
    to the chest

But it's interesting that they've switched to doing it this way
    Center mass Less chance on missing and throwing shots down range and not knowing what else they are going to hit Closing in (closing the distance) to where they have a better chance to hit things like the head if the person for some reason or another still poses a threat.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Home Video Taken Inside Trolley Square During Shooting Rampage

This is amazing that this whole thing is on camera.

http://kutv.com/video/?id=23467@kutv.dayport.com

Cameras are everywhere in this day and age. I don't carry a video camera with me everywhere, but my little digital Olympus is in my ZJ when I leave the house.

What a horrifying video. Nothing feels quite as unsettling as being near uncontrolled gunfire. I've experienced a couple of these moments in a favela (ghetto) in Brazil and I can honestly say that I would have liked to have a gun on me. I just signed up for a concealed weapon class. I'm for guns, but also for education. That's the key to gun control. If more people were educated, there would be more control over guns. I started shooting with my dad and brothers when I was 10 and got my first gun when I was 12. I've never wanted to use my gun to harm anyone and think that if more people had this kind of education and training there wouldn't be as much gun abuse.

Trolley Square shootings: Man linked to gun gets nine months
    Matthew Hautala, who was on probation, pleads guilty to two violations in plea deal
    By Pamela Manson
    The Salt Lake Tribune

A Wyoming man on probation for his role in transferring a handgun that was used in the Trolley Square shootings was sentenced to nine months in prison Wednesday for probation violations.

Matthew Hautala, 22, received the sentence from U.S. District Judge Dale Kimball after negotiating a plea arrangement with prosecutors.

Prosecutors claimed Hautala committed five violations of his probation: possessed or distributed LSD, possessed or distributed cocaine, unlawfully took property worth $500 from someone, failed to inform his probation officer of a change in residence in January and failed to submit a supervised-release report for December.

He admitted Wednesday to failing to submit the report and failing to supply his new address. The other three charges were dropped.

Hautala still faces federal charges in Wyoming: two counts of LSD distribution and one count of cocaine distribution. The LSD charges carry a minimum mandatory sentence of 10 years each if Hautala is convicted.

He also faces state charges in Wyoming of theft and burglary.

The alleged drug offenses occurred in Wyoming eight days after Hautala was sentenced in Utah, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

In 2006, Hautala saw another Wyoming man transfer the handgun to Mackenzie Glade Hunter in Rock Springs. Hunter gave the gun to Brenden Taylor Brown in Utah and later set up a meeting where the two of them sold the gun to Sulejman Talovic, then 17.

Hautala originally was accused of lying to investigators by denying he knew anything about the transfer of the firearm.

As part of a plea deal, that felony was reduced to a misdemeanor charge of aiding and abetting the unlawful transfer of a firearm to a juvenile. In addition to being placed on a year of supervised release by Kimball, Hautala was fined $500.

Hunter was sentenced to 15 months behind bars. Brown received the same punishment as Hautala, a year of probation and a $500 fine.