Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Trolley Square

Shooting at Trolley Square

KSL News) There's just been a shooting at the Trolley Square mall.

Multiple gun shots have been fired inside the mall and outside in the parking garage.

Salt Lake police are at the scene.

Several witnesses heard multiple gunshots.

Initial reports indicated at least five people are down in various areas of the mall, including the Hard Rock Caf

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It really is sad how common these types of events have become in our country (those this does seem fairly new to Utah). I can already here myself referring to my childhood as the good ol' days.

It really is scary that you never know who is going to flip out like this. Most people who frequent this site often have probably been offended by some one's ignorant comment or opposing view. It is sickening that you almost HAVE to worry now a days that you don't say the wrong thing to the wrong person.

I say we make a UUTAH pact never to hurt each other.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

yup, salt lake is losing its innocence. it desires to grow in size and increase its population, but with that come crime and problems.

sad news to be sure

I am originally from L.A. so I know that it is all about perspective... but even Provo/Orem seem big now. When I moved to Provo it was slightly larger than Heber is now. I miss the times that we could leave our doors unlocked here and just feel safe.

Three friends called me to see if it was me. What the ****?

Quote Originally Posted by DirkHammergate
    Three friends called me to see if it was me. What the f***?
    Look at the bright side.... ya got three friends

I tuned in just in time to hear Rocky say we need to look into curbing guns.

If more people had guns, the shooter wouldn't have gotten as far.

It's sounding like the shooter was brought down by an off-duty cop, good thing that in Utah they are allowed to carry while off-duty, some of those eastern cities that Rocky wishes to emulate are trying to ban that practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech

oh my, don't go there. this statement is so darn problematic. off duty cops are one thing, but the general public? this isn't the wild west

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    this isn't the wild west
    I wish it weren't either. I wish these psychos didn't make me want to carry my gun everywhere I went.

I wish...

Reason #394 to get a CCP.
    Let's Roll

oh my, don't go there. this statement is so darn problematic. off duty cops are one thing, but the general public? this isn't the wild west
    What if someone with a CCP was carrying and could have taken him out after his first shot? 5 lives would have been saved. Think of it that way instead of automatically going for the rootin-tootin-wild-and-shootin stereotype crap.

I think one of the biggest problems with gun control is that those who are willing to obey the laws and surrender their guns aren't the people who are going to use them improperly.

I really think that you can only take guns away from people who aren't really a threat. Gangs are not going to stop using guns. The People who create problems with guns already are disregarding the laws.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutabout

What if someone with a CCP was carrying and could have taken him out after his first shot? 5 lives would have been saved. Think of it that way instead of automatically going for the rootin-tootin-wild-and-shootin stereotype crap.
    Thanks scoutabout I totally agree. This makes me want to carry everywhere I go. What gets into the minds of these Psychos anyways? I am supposed to head down to SLC tomorrow, you better believe I will be packing.....

My brother said that since he got his concealed weapons permit he hasn't gotten a ticket. Every time he has been pulled over (both times ) the policemen talk to him about his gun instead of speeding.

I have no problem with the phrase "Guns kill people and people Do". I also realize these guns don't go off on their own. This is a problem with no easy solution. Anytime you have a crazy person with realitively easy access to weapons that kill you have a risk of something like this happening. You can insert "crazy person" with criminal and have the same receipe for disaster. In general I think the proliferation of handguns in the country is a bad thing, I have no answer how to fix it. You live with the risk.

I'm also very sorry to hear about the people who lost their lives there.

I think trench coats should be banned. People that wear them are never up to any good.

If someone has intent to do harm; they will mostly succeed. Gun control is a farse, there are too many of them out there are they are too easy to get (legally or illegally).

So what? We take his gun away and make him go Jihad on us? Strapping a homemade Iraqi-type bomb to his ass and walking in to Trolley and taking out dozens?

There isn't a solution. Just try to kill him before he kills you.

Even the odds. Pack.

Quote Originally Posted by donny h
    Utah they are allowed to carry while off-duty, some of those eastern cities that Rocky wishes to emulate are trying to ban that practice.
    I have never heard of a cop that couldn't carry a weapon off-duty. I'd like to see what cities you are referring to. Plus, Bush passed a law awhile back that allows a cop to carry a gun in any state, no matter where he is employed.

Quote Originally Posted by shlingdawg
    I think trench coats should be banned. People that wear them are never up to any good.

If someone has intent to do harm; they will mostly succeed. Gun control is a farse, there are too many of them out there are they are too easy to get (legally or illegally).

So what? We take his gun away and make him go Jihad on us? Strapping a homemade Iraqi-type bomb to his ass and walking in to Trolley and taking out dozens?

There isn't a solution. Just try to kill him before he kills you.

Even the odds. Pack.
    I'll agree gun control isn't gonna happen here in the US, we're a rights driven society that has side effects. What I will debate is the idea that if you Pack you some how level the odds. This psycho had five people down and countless others wounded in about 15 to 20 minutes. People panicing everywhere, running, in shock. How is a regular civilian with a concelled weapons permit going to be able to level the odds at a moments notice, make a decision and actually take the psycho out? I just don't think it would make any difference if you were Packing or not before the police got there.