Thread: Xbox

Xbox

Alright, my kids Xbox (not 360) died this weekend. I keep getting a disc not recognized message. I think it might have something to do with the fact that the kids ran the cleaning disc for 30 minutes and not 30 seconds like the instruction said.... anyhoo.....

I'm deciding what to do now.

1. Get it fixed? anyone know a place in SLC? Last time I sent it back to MS and it would have been cheaper to buy a new one.

2. Buy a used one? Anyone want to part with one for cheap?

3. Break down and buy the kids a 360? $500 for a good up and running system is a lot of coin.

I know some of you guys are big into gaming and I really don't know crap. Any suggestions or recommendations? What would you do?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

It sounds like you should only need a new disc drive. That should cost you 30 bucks (for the drive). If that is all it is, it is a very simple fix and I'd be happy to do it for you.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

If you do end up getting a new one, go to one of those comic book/video game nerdo-matic stores. They usually have gently used ones for $100-$125. They even give you a 90 day warranty sometimes.

Price
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

One thing you might try to do is take a soft cloth with Rubbing Alcohol and wiping the laser window inside the DVD-Rom. It works on quite a few laptop computers I deal with.

Also, if you can't get it repaired or find a used xbox, have you thought of a Wii? Cheaper alternative that will keep the kids moving and getting their heart rate up.