Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So I Got To Work This Morning...

So I Got To Work This Morning...

...and realized I left my laptop at home. (I think that's a sign from the universe that I should be out running in the mountains).

What happened to you today?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I didn't get to ride my motorcycle cause the roads are an ice rink.

I even slid in my truck turning into my work parking lot.

I got in the car seeing my gas light was on, so I drove to a gas station to fill up and found out the gas station is turned off.... it happened the first time to me in America! The lady had to reboot each gas pump to bring it back online, it was quite odd. So I was late to work already, so I decided to treat myself to some Vanilla Latte :)

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    I decided to go to work in my jammies this morning. Of course, I usually start my work day in my jammies because I work from home. However, my cat had yacked up a hairball on my keyboard this morning. Bummer.
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by savanna3313
    I decided to go to work in my jammies this morning. Of course, I usually start my work day in my jammies because I work from home. However, my cat had yacked up a hairball on my keyboard this morning. Bummer.
    Pssssttt.... Check out the Bod on the new guy! Newbie section! That will make it a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    Pssssttt.... Check out the Bod on the new guy! Newbie section! That will make it a great day!
    Doesn't do much for me But thanks for the heads up.

(These emoticon things are addicting. I've gotta stop using them).

It's what you think it is Fro Bro's Avatar
    I decided to go to work in my jammies this morning.
    I think I like where this is going.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro Bro

He is a HOT one Savanna!

Quote Originally Posted by kris247
    Doesn't do much for me But thanks for the heads up.

(These emoticon things are addicting. I've gotta stop using them).
    Tanya was trying to get my attention with that comment. She was letting me know that I was slacking.

Ya gotta love the emoticons. Sometimes they are just needed to help get your point across or emphasize your words.

Quote Originally Posted by Fro Bro

He is a HOT one Savanna!
    Sorry.....another "DUH" moment..... geez!!! I can tell it's Monday!

Yes Tanya - he looks like a HOT one. I think it might be the hair.......

I got to bed kinda late last night (10:30). I'm on an exercise program to get ready to kick major hind end this summer. I usually try to be up by 4:50 and on the bike trainer by 5:00. I figured it was my fault and I'd deal with it. The self inflicted wounds are always the worst.

Well this morning my little eyes shot open at 3:00 and I just couldn't fall back to sleep. I laid there 'till just after 4:00 and started to get sleepy again. I said, "No way. If I fall back to sleep I'll sleep like the dead 'till I'm late for work. You stupid body, you're going to learn that you sleep at night!" I got up, surfed the net (finally got my net connection at home last Friday ), exercised, and got all ready for work, feeling fine and alert the whole time. I got in the car to come to work. I had to fight hard all the way here. I promptly downed a Dr. Pepper which only made my arms start to buzz and did very little to make me more alert. I've had two 15 minute naps this morning at my desk and I'm still dying.

Happy Monday everybody
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

My legs are pretty sore this morning from the biking trip. The stairs are killing me. I have to run upstairs to print anything.

Shawn's desk is up there, lucky dog. But he only did two rides anyways.

after getting back from the beautiful St. George "feeling" last night. I left in a sweat, blue skies, 65-70 degree temps. Plenty'O scenery of all shapes.

I arrive back to SLC and temps are in the 40's and rainy. BLOW ME SLC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    after getting back from the beautiful St. George "feeling" last night. I left in a sweat, blue skies, 65-70 degree temps. Plenty'O scenery of all shapes.

I arrive back to SLC and temps are in the 40's and rainy. BLOW ME SLC!!!!
    Yeah, it was depressing to wrap our gear in plastic bags for rain protection, in sunny 70 degree weather.

Running this morning reminded me of running in San Jose, CA during the winter: cool and wet. The best part was the frozen sidewalks and streets so I could do a sweet breakdance shuffle while running.

I'm glad the air cleared up though. I wish I were playing in the mountains right now. I might have to play hooky tomorrow to go trail running and play in the mud. I wonder what Pipeline is like right now.

Knowing I have to go back to work tonight

Work?? Im off until Thursday - dayshift...up at 4am, leave the house by 4:45, hit the plantsite around 5:30, 'suit up' and be at the mineshaft at 6am...and dont come out until 6pm, hit the shower with 50 stinking,sweaty,fillthy dirty guys and get home around 6:45pm...what a wonderful day
    BUT, today I took it easy and spent the morning at the rec center, came home and then went geocaching all afternoon with a buddy...hit the sauna for a good soak and wasted..er, I mean dedicated time to this forum...what a day

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    Work?? Im off until Thursday - dayshift...up at 4am, leave the house by 4:45, hit the plantsite around 5:30, 'suit up' and be at the mineshaft at 6am...and dont come out until 6pm
    God bless ya

Work??? I've nearly forgotten that entire concept, after sleeping late the past 12 years. Best thing today: Got an "all clear" to leave for Utah in about two weeks.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Alright, I get to work this morning...first things first a corpsmen gets shot in the leg out on one of the ranges. Next we get the call for a Medical Aid for an old woman who fell down, broke her leg and had a hematoma. (Spelling?) Last but not least, right next to the front gate, we have a car start on fire. It kinda made up for it when I was watching the car on a camera try and drive away while still on fire.