Thread: How my son came to be on a GC trip

How my son came to be on a GC trip

Thought you guys might appreciate this story.

I suppose every Grand Canyon river trip has a number of stories that deserve to be written. My most recent trip in August of last year certainly did.

This is about how my son came to be on a trip he wasn
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    soitgos . . .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Bogley BigShot
    Great Father - Son Story!

I love your photos! I was told that during the rapids its hard to impossible to take photos since people are clinging to the boat for their lives. How is it done? You seem to have the answer.

I am taking my underwater casing for my digital. and it does attach to my wrist. I have a lot of trouble with quck motion too. Is that a problem when trying to photograph rapids?

Tanya, a lot of cool pics are taken from the shore or a kayak parked in a eddie.

I think I came up with a pretty decent setup to take pics WHILE going through the rapid with my helm camera. Have you seen the setup? It worked quite nice on the few trips I have taken late last year. One including Steve down West Water. I plan on testing and making it better this year though.

Back to the topic, Steve your story about Bo is very famous among white water junkies in Utah. That's one great story to tell to your kids! I sure will tell my kid once he is ready for some rapids.

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    Tanya, a lot of cool pics are taken from the shore or a kayak parked in a eddie.

I think I came up with a pretty decent setup to take pics WHILE going through the rapid with my helm camera. Have you seen the setup? It worked quite nice on the few trips I have taken late last year. One including Steve down West Water. I plan on testing and making it better this year though.

Back to the topic, Steve your story about Bo is very famous among white water junkies in Utah. That's one great story to tell to your kids! I sure will tell my kid once he is ready for some rapids.
    I refuse to wear a helmet cam.

Is that photo from this trip? Is that Bo rowing?

Bad Dad

Great Story

Quote Originally Posted by tanya

I refuse to wear a helmet cam.
    Well ya you look like a dork with a helmet cam.... but then all the memories of almost going over and the big waves splashing ya....FUN!

Yes, it is Bo rowing and Alex is right, most good river photos come from the shore. Often we will run in two groups. One shoots photos and video while the first group goes through. Then the first group eddies out at the bottom and walks back up to photograph the second group. If you do that, someone always has to run safety. There are hundreds of good photos on the Utahrafters website: groups.yahoo.com/group/utahrafters
    soitgos . . .

Bogley BigShot
    I now see why someone would quit their job to row the Grand Canyon! I would love to go again ....soon!

It's pretty addicting. I'm fortunate to have an August launch. Unfortunately, Bo won't be going. Although, I didn't think he was going last year, either . . .

But before that trip there's Desolation Canyon, the Middle Fork of the Salmon, the Gates of Lodore, and probably six or Westwater trips . . .

Life is good.
    soitgos . . .

Bogley BigShot
    Quote Originally Posted by soitgos
    It's pretty addicting. I'm fortunate to have an August launch. Unfortunately, Bo won't be going. Although, I didn't think he was going last year, either . . .

But before that trip there's Desolation Canyon, the Middle Fork of the Salmon, the Gates of Lodore, and probably six or Westwater trips . . .

Life is good.

I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo JEALOUS!!!!!!!

glad to see you have your priorities straight!!