Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New from West Valley

New from West Valley

Hey all! I just got my account activated, so I'm making a post here. I'm a 16 year old from West Valley, and I love the outdoors. I'm an Eagle Scout, so I've been outside a lot trying to get the camping merit badge. My favorite spot in Utah would have to be the East Fork of the Bear River. It's a great Boy Scout camp, but I'd love to go up there just to camp in all truth. It's a great area, even if it does rain a lot. I've spent almost 2 months up there, and it's been worth it every day, because it's so awesome up there. I'm also a Geocacher. (Some of you might recognize me from the UTAG forums, I have the same username.) Anyway, I'm pretty sure that I'll enjoy the forums. Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the fourms, and yes, I recognize you from UTAG.
    Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit, as vital to our lives and water and good bread
    - Edward Abbey

Welcome! I'm one of the crazy cachers too!
    If you are not living life on the edge.......YOU'RE TAKING UP TOO MUCH DAMN SPACE!!!

Welcome to the site. I'm also a big geocacher. I love that we are taking over this site As I stated on UTAG I love this site and I think it is great. I really hope you enjoy it as well.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Welcome aboard!! Be sure to tell all your geocaching buddies about the site.

Wow things are heating up over at the UTAG website all DiscGolfDiver did is post up an invite to sign up here on uutah.com and it is starting to turn ugly.

http://www.utahgeocachers.com/forum/...?p=26630#26630

CaverSpencer is the only one who really seems upset. I don't really get it? He was still using this site when I first joined and all of a sudden, he appears very anti-uutah.

I was going back through previous posts on utag and it looks like accadacca received about the least friendly welcome of all time. Between being Mormon and conservative I have been pretty offended by some people on this site, but everyone was at least polite in welcoming me, and everyone gets along when it comes to the outdoors (which is really why I first came to this site anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by davis_b_1
    How in the hell can you even say UUTAH.COM is spam, it is a very informative website about the Utah Outdoors, and I quite enjoy being a member over there. There are allot of very knowledgeable people over there in several different areas. I would suggest to join up if you enjoy outdoors and no I have nothing to do with operating there website, Just standing up for them.
    If it wasn't heating up over there before, it will after your comment Davis

You have to defend what you love even if it is SPAM
    sorry to get off topic

We did make caverspencer a moderator and he didn't login to the site for weeks and we could not get a hold of him. Iceaxe can back me up on this one. It was Shane's idea to bring him on as a moderator, but he ended up flaking off. Plain and simple!

I'm an Eagle Scout
    Sweet.... I expect to hear some good boyscout stories

Welcome to the forum

CaverSpencer is the only one who really seems upset. I don't really get it?
    CaverSpencer disappeared after this thread

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3204

Read the thread and you will probably figure it out.....

Quote Originally Posted by caverspencer
    I have seen the UUtah creaters try and take over and eliminate MANY other forums all in the name of increasing their own website hits to sell advertising.
    Eliminate other forums? I'm probably the biggest spammer here, and I've never tried to eliminate ANY forum. I've only wanted to introduce other members to a forum that has their "off season" interests as well.

Quote Originally Posted by caverspencer
    I was the moderator of a climbing group and they sent me an email asking if would like to moderate their caving and climbing forums for them and after a few email exchanges I opened up the membership list of my group to them, once that was done they have not had the courtesy to even answer emails, not mention the empty promises they made.
    The dude disappeared for about 2 months after we asked him to be moderator. Then, in better judgement, we decided an inactive member isn't the best moderator.

I was one of the people on his email list, and I didn't ignore him. And I definitely don't remember promising him anything.

Also.... CaveSpencer NEVER opened his membership to anyone.

What a douche

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Also.... CaveSpencer NEVER opened his membership to anyone.
    Exactly!! Thats a boldface LIE!!!

What ever blows yer skirt up.

...and I love Iceaxe and Sombeech's last two posts on that UTAG thread...Priceless!!

Quote Originally Posted by accadacca
    ...and I love Iceaxe and Sombeech's last two posts on that UTAG thread...Priceless!!
    Yeah, those were funny. I especially enjoyed Sombeech's spam picture.

MOCKBA just posted a very nice message clarifying that he was not saying that uutah was spam now, but when Accadacca made his first posts the members of utag weren't sure. MOCKBA was also very nice about the improvements uutah has made. I feel a lot better about utag now after his comments because now the only message against uutah is from caverspencer and we know why he is mad.

WOW.... I got banned at UTAG.

If somebody knows who owns that forum please PM me their name and email. I didn't join to spam or be an ass. I Really joined to see what was so popular.

Wow. I'm really surprised. I'll try and find out now.

The irorny is I just posted a message about how wrong I was about them