Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donkey Show

Resident Southern Belle savanna3313's Avatar
    Southern transplant......again.....this time to Southern Utah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    A band of wild donkey's live at the head of the canyon. One even tried to jump in the Range Rover and go for a ride. Scared the snot out of me and I squealed like a little girl.

I would love to see photos of this!
    Never regret anything that made you smile!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Yes, I'll post a route description. You would have to be a real jerk to post the teasers we just did and not provide more info.
    On Climb-Utah right? With the usual spot-on GPS waypoints? Looks like I may have to dust off the old Cannon A-1 and tripod for this one.
    Life is Good

All of the photos are fantastic! In the ones that Price posted - the rock looks almost fluid.

not too keen on the donkey show.

going with the antelope theme how 'bout

pronghorn

beautiful fotos, all y'all. nice

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    not too keen on the donkey show.
    The canyon will NOT be called Donkey Show.... even if it is a great name

I'm pretty sure it will be named after one of two features noted on the USGS maps.

I'll post a link here to the beta when I get it up.

Maybe we should just call the slot Antelope Canyon, that would make things nice and confusing

Donkelope ???

Man, that canyon is the gravy!

-Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Looks like I may have to dust off the old Cannon A-1 and tripod for this one.
    canon a1 rocks !

the "good old days", when a camera was a tool not a jewel. fully mechanical. no electronics or plastic inards to turn it into a door stop because of a little rain or dust. one of the reasons i still resist going fully digital.
    signature

Yes sir... I just cannot seem to part with the Cannon. I have used that camera for years and shot some might fine shots with it. But it is heavy however, in the right canyon, I would still carry it. This Donkey canyon or what ever it will be called just may be such a canyon. I would also likely take my little Pentax Optio in just to experiment and learn better how to use that thing along with the brick.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Card
    Yes sir... I just cannot seem to part with the Cannon. I have used that camera for years and shot some might fine shots with it. But it is heavy however, in the right canyon, I would still carry it. This Donkey canyon or what ever it will be called just may be such a canyon. I would also likely take my little Pentax Optio in just to experiment and learn better how to use that thing along with the brick.
    i have one of those camera pouch packs, a little triangle lookign thing w/ a mian compartment for camera and filters, and an outer pouch for additional lens or meter or whatever. hang it around the neck and strap it around the waist. carries well adn is right in front of me fro easy access, even w/ a pack on my back. i used to wander the wichita mountains of oklahoma w/ an old calumet monorail 4x5 mounted on my tripod, the whole blasted thing slung over a shoulder. THAT was heavy. i love 4x5, but for hiking they are bulky and high penalty points, aka drops or bangs or whatever. am lookign into a medium format right now. just can't give up the film... especially since the very best digital camera right now is only capable of nearly equaling medium format.

happy shooting.
    signature

Here's a shot I took with a medium format camera (Mamiya 645AF). I dragged it down White Roost canyon. This is by far one of the best canyon shots I have ever taken. I got it enlarged to poster size, and it looks breathtaking. You can see little pock marks in the rock, and sand grains clinging to the walls. Unbelieveable detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Ta-Da... drum roll please....

Here is the Route Description. I'll be cleaning up some of the rough edges over the next couple of days, but I know some of you have been waiting for this.

High Spur
    http://climb-utah.com/Roost/highspur.htm

Ice, you are a giant among men, er, at least among canyoneers. Thanks!!

Awesome! Now I just have to remember my login...(moved computers and don't remember what it is). LOL

I must say, I approve of the name. That's what we named a canyon we did in Northern WY. Although the WY counterpart isn't nearly as pretty as this one looks to be.
    http://www.my-mania.com/canyoneering/spur.html
    http://www.my-mania.com/canyoneering/spur05.html

Slot canyons in N. Wyoming?! Who'd a thunk it? Pretty cool!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

I haven't found many, but there's a few. The ones like Spur are limestone canyons, which was kind of fun after doing mostly sand stone slots.
    Most probably aren't worth driving all the way up there for. But if one is in the area already (near Yellowstone), or doing some caving up there or something, then they're worth doing I think.

Got some pics of others in that area on the bottom of my canyoneering page.
    http://www.my-mania.com/canyoneering.htm