Thread: Tried To Get A Few Shots Of "Ground Zero"...

Tried To Get A Few Shots Of "Ground Zero"...

last night, but my little point and shooter didn't perform all that well from far distances. It's a big hole in the ground now, but look at the surrounding buildings and you can kind of get a feel on how much area the Towers took up. One of these days I'll get down there during the day for better pics.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Those pictures are cool. I really do love New York City. I find the city to be romantic and fascinating. I have been there a couple of times and both times I was really enamored with how life exists there. I would never want to live there, but I really enjoy visiting it. My wife and I flew straight over it last month and it was just fun to see the Statue of Liberty from the air, central, park, empire state building, etc. Anyway, thanks for posting your pictures. It looks like you had a great time.

I was at ground zero days after 9/11 and sadly it does not appear to have changed that much. The workers on the Pentagon finished their project a head of schedule (by a year if I remember). They worked extra hard out of patriotism. I know there have been several delays with ground zero (disputes over monuments, and building designs, the finding of multiple dead bodies) but I still wonder why after over 5 years more has not happened here.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I would never want to live there, but I really enjoy visiting it.

but I still wonder why after over 5 years more has not happened here.
    That's how I look at it. I'm not much for crowded areas and traffic, but when you walk down the street it is pretty incredible on how those buildings just dwarf everything. It's like the buildings are NYC's mountains, equipped with the man made valleys. It's amazing how on one street you don't even feel a breeze and the winter night feels relatively warm. Then you turn off that street, enter another street and have a windchill that absolutely reminds you that it is winter

Believe it or not, that was one hell of a pile of debris they needed to move. Then there was the issue with the wall that faced the river, they didn't need a breach in that, or it would have been the largest swimming pool in the world. Yes, everything seems to become a political agenda which causes delays and of course when more remains are found. At least those remains were reported and they just didn't "sweep them under the rug" and continued with the construction. They had pictures of the new Freedom Tower that will be taking up that space down there.

Here's a picture to give you an idea of the scale of the former World Trade Center. The buildings next to the twin towers that look so small in comparison are over twice as tall as the tallest building in Salt Lake City. The second picture is to give you an idea of how the terrorists got away with their plan so easily. Both pictures were taken from the Empire State Building in June of 2001.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Remember kids, don't try this at home. Try it at someone else's home.

Cool Pics!!
    Last Thanksgiving I was in New York and I also visited Ground Zero.
    It was the first time after 9/11 I've been there again and I also was wondering, that there still was that large hole and I couldn't see a progress. It still looked the same like the pics I've seen in the Net several months before.
    Only WTC 7 was erected and reopen again.

Something is really missing here

I also like New York, it's an amazing city and there is so much to see and to do. Especially the view to the enlightened Empire State Building from Top of the Rock at the Rockefeller Building is awful. I like it more than the view from Empire State Building. And the Laser Show during the ride to the top is really cool.

Greetz,

Yvonne