Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Canyoneering Weekend (update)

breakfast?
    What is this "Beakfest" that you speak of?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

1. Please. Tom Jones

2. I have no idea. But what I can give you is this:

After 1 second you would have fallen 16 feet

2 seconds=64 feet
    3 seconds=144 feet

You will not reach terminal velocity (293 ft/sec or 200 mph) for 9.1 seconds or 1341 feet

3. Are you including Behunin? Shane techanically doesn't call it a slot canyon.

4. Very little. They are Ultra-sensitive.

5. Presidental Brie with a little smoked salmon

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Schnupp
    I like this guy.... take him with you....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    breakfast?
    What is this "Beakfest" that you speak of?

Hey itchy and I managed to cook something while you were getting up....

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Schnupp
    I like this guy.... take him with you....

Concur. I really liked all of his responses, but unfortunately, he was 31 seconds late.

So, you're sick of all the snow Colorado has been getting huh? We had a cancellation earlier this week (Icthys), so you can take his spot. Arches VC @ 8:00 am. See you there.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

The more the merrier!

So whoever is spending the Friday night down there camping, where will you be?

Thanks Shane. You should be recieving my membership to circle of friends any day.

I was not 31 seconds late!!! Look at the post times.

Yes, I am sick of the snow. Vail reported 39" new from 2/12-2/16. Incredible skiing/snowmobiling except the backcountry is so dangerous that you are limited to very specific aspects. We set off an avalance on Sunday in the Flattop's that nearly killed a skier. The silver lining: He was OK after a few tense minutes, and I got to use my beacon, shovel, and probe in real life scenerio.

Don't want to do that again...think all go canyoneering.

Mark

If you guys can squeeze me in I'll join your merry band of misfits.

Anyone want to share a ride down Friday night? I can come back Saturday or Sunday night.

I'm thinking sleep in Green River. A room at the local flea bag is $30 (that's only $15 bucks each for two). Hardly seems worth packing a sleeping bag for $15. I think the Redrock in Moab is $35.

A few weeks ago I stayed at Motel6 for 32 bucks I believe. Shane, I am leaving Friday around 5pm or so, I can give you a ride. I am coming back Sunday.

marc is leaving around 7pm I believe? Not sure if they are camping or moteling.

Let me know if you want to catch a ride with me.

I think Shane has reached such lofty status that he need not ask permission to join any canyoneering party....

....that said....

...welcome aboard...see you at Arches, 8:00am.
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    Let me know if you want to catch a ride with me.
    Are you camping or motel?

Up to you, I was going to camp it since I was going solo (I sleep in my car), but if you want to motel it, it's fine with me too.

Justin, I talked to Shane and he said that most people are leaving Saturday? Are we still doing a slot on Sunday? And if we are, are you camping Saturday night or going home?

Rock

What's the correct answer to #2 on the canyoneering Quiz? Please show your work.

I am definitely in for Sunday as well. I will also be bringing my mtn bike and climbing gear if anyone is interested? 5.10/5.11 climber, but I do not posses the pro to lead these pitches.

i still plan on camping pending weather conditions.

if it's raining when we get to green river, maybe Shane's hourly motel wont be so bad.
    i'll be leaving around 8:00-8:30 ish and returning home on sat.
    Shane i'll have space, unless you go w/ alex.

Eric, why dont we plan for me to just get you after you get off work.

Dang.... by 8:30 I hope to be sipping beer at Ray's and dazzling the local Green River babes with tales of my greatness.

OK.... here is how I understand things. Alex wants to camp with the boys Saturday night, if they are camping. If Alex wants to camp Saturday night I might hitch a ride home with you if that's cool.... it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other. I just want to get out of town and get some sandstone....

What's the correct answer to #2 on the canyoneering Quiz?
    It would depend on the person and what they are wearing. It also would depend on how the person falls. Let me give an example. A skydiver falling will accelerate to approximately to 120 mph with arms outstretched, but 200 mph if the arms are brough inward to the body. It depends on the fall. The junior high level equation of 32 feet per second squared has no bearing to reality in real world situations.

You would have to be pretty smart to figure it out.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Shane, I don't want to run you off by any means dude! I will split the cost of the motel for Saturday if you are staying. I will just bring my camping vehicle if it ends up to be like that, besides I have XM radio in it, so it will be funner to get down there.

Eric doesn't get off work until 7:30, so i'm thinkin' we'll just leave after we get him, besides, you know me, i'd rather sit by a fire and sip a highbrow beer.
    so it sounds like you'll be down there before us, if Alex wants to camp, then find us a spot he can get to easily. there's some great primitive camping off of 313, about 4 miles passed the big switchback in the Bartlett Flats area. up against the mesa. lots of fire rings etc.

yeah you can ride home w/ me.

Quote Originally Posted by marc olivares
    Eric, why dont we plan for me to just get you after you get off work.
    OK, or I can meet at your place if that's easier. I get off at around 7:30 (I usually leave a little before) and can head straight to wherever you want to meet. Name the place and I'm there.