Thread: Waterproof headphones!

Waterproof headphones!

Either you are into canyoneering, biking or whitewater, bringing a music with you is half the fun!

http://www.aquapacwaterproofheadphones.com/

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Re: Waterproof headphones!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazak
    Either you are into canyoneering, biking or whitewater, bringing a music with you is half the fun!

http://www.aquapacwaterproofheadphones.com/
    This proves I'm getting old. I think that leaving all that behind is half the fun.
    Life is Good

There are 3 items which always attract me to purchase them regardless if I need them:

1. Titanium- Titanium is the coolest metal. My wedding ring is titanium and I can support the weight of a bus on that thing. It is so strong and my titanium dive knife never gets rust.

2. Teflon- I enjoy cooking, and I think teflon is amazing!

3. Waterproof- My GPS, headlamp, camera, hand radios, pretty much everything but my cell phone is waterproof. I have ruined a few things with water, so waterproof to me is really exciting.

*Speaking of ruining things with water. One time while in Venice, Italy I went to pick up 500 lire (about 50 cents) and I slipped and fell in the canal. I'm told by a local friend that I'm one of the first tourists in a hundred years to fall in the canal (but I think he was just trying to make me feel worse)*

Anyway, waterproof headphones sound cool to me.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

If you like titanium and waterproof, check out my new knife on the canyoneering thread.
    Life is Good

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    There are 3 items which always attract me to purchase them regardless if I need them:

1. Titanium- Titanium is the coolest metal. My wedding ring is titanium and I can support the weight of a bus on that thing. It is so strong and my titanium dive knife never gets rust.
    yup pretty cool stuff ... i dig my titanium spork!

2. Teflon- I enjoy cooking, and I think teflon is amazing!
    lots of pluses and minuses with that stuff, minuses related to how it's made and how it degrades ... pluses are obvious

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    i dig my titanium spork!
    My buddy has a titanium spork as well. He loves it but I think he paid like 30 bucks or something.

teflon-lots of pluses and minuses with that stuff, minuses related to how it's made and how it degrades ... pluses are obvious
    My wife is trying to find a good deal on Infused Anodized cookware. It apparently has the benefits of teflon but you can still use metal. I'm skeptical but it costs enough that it better be awesome.

My buddy has a titanium spork as well. He loves it but I think he paid like 30 bucks or something.
    hmm, mine was only about $9

snow peak spork

Quote Originally Posted by discgolf
    My wife is trying to find a good deal on Infused Anodized cookware. It apparently has the benefits of teflon but you can still use metal. I'm skeptical but it costs enough that it better be awesome.
    i use infused anodized too (calphalon).

good stuff. it's nonstick in the sense that you usually don't get permanent stickage (stickage comes from proteins reacting with the pan under high heat and fusing with the metal by forming chemical bonds), BUT it can stick during cooking, though it is easily cleaned off after.

although i am skeptical of teflon, "supposedly" it's less problematic at lower temperatures.

there are some "natural nonstick" solutions one can use, e.g., using butter and flour, or creating a pantina with heated oil, but in many ways, it's hard to beat the functionality of these advanced teflon like polymers that create a nonreactive surface.

Bogley BigShot
    My wife is trying to find a good deal on Infused Anodized cookware..
    WIFE!?!?!!??!?!?!?!!?!?

What is with all you young guys getting married!?!!!?!?

Never mind. Scared me for a moment. That's not you.

if you do get infused anodize, be aware of one thing. it gets VERY hot very easily. you don't need to turn the heat very high to keep it hot ... if you do, sticking will occur more frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by tanya
    My wife is trying to find a good deal on Infused Anodized cookware..
    WIFE!?!?!!??!?!?!?!!?!?

What is with all you young guys getting married!?!!!?!?

married ... are YOU crazy? i was quotin' discgolf, there. i ain't even close ta gettin' married

if you do get infused anodize, be aware of one thing. it gets VERY hot very easily. you don't need to turn the heat very high to keep it hot ... if you do, sticking will occur more frequently.

Should I be more concerned with burning my food? I had not read anything about that.

Should I be more concerned with burning my food? I had not read anything about that.
    i would say both of course, but sticking usually precedes and leads to burning, so ...

i am just saying that it may be natural to extend the heat settings you use for your other cookware to this stuff, and it can result in overkill. some might then become frustrated and think ... ah it sticks so easily and it's not supposed to, BUT, in part it would be due to the excessive heat.

just lower the heat and all is good.

you may just want to buy one item and see what you think of it

That's great advice. Thanks.

1. Titanium- Titanium is the coolest metal.
    i got another cool use of titanium for ya, discgolf, i just had one of these drilled into my jaw, yesterday
    the dental implant. 4-6 months from now i can put a crown on, and it has a 95% chance of lasting 20 years.
    however, hydrocodone was my good friend yesterday

i got another cool use of titanium for ya, discgolf, i just had one of these drilled into my jaw, yesterday
    There is nothing that scares me like the dentist. Was having this put in horrible? I have a tooth that has needed to be replaced for a year but I just can't bring myself to go.

There is nothing that scares me like the dentist. Was having this put in horrible? I have a tooth that has needed to be replaced for a year but I just can't bring myself to go.
    I had something similar to this done about 15 years ago. I am still terrified of dentists to this day. It was a horrible experience. Good luck DiscGolfDivers...

horrible, nah. my oral surgeon at first posed it as nothing more intensive than having a tooth extracted which i had done at the beginning of november when a tooth of mine crack through to the root (excruciatingly painful). the procedure wasn't that bad. they numbed me up pretty good, so i didn't feel any pain. the placing of the implant part is pretty mellow.

the intense part was the sinus lift. the screw was 13 mm long, so this would have gone right into the sinus. so what they did was drill a hole through, then place new bone in, then push it through to lift up the sinus and, simultaneously plant the bone. this wasn't painful at all, but to pack in the bone they literally hammer this stuff in. this was wild because of the pressure. it's like hammering in a tent stake into extremely hard ground. your brain jars a bit. but, honestly, it really wasn't that bad at all, despite how horrible it may sound.

in 10 days i go back for them to see if it took. if it did, then all's good. if it didn't then it might be a horrible experience dealing with it.

one interesting tid bit. the screw was placed into the bone and currently it's pretty solid in there, more solid than a bolt in sandstone (?). however, in about a week, the bone retracts for about 3 weeks, in which case the implant becomes weak. it's critical not to disturb it during this period, say with chewing, or you increase the chance that it doesn't take. after this time, the bone then proceeds to fuse with the titanium.

I just had a friend get a hip replacement with titanium & I was curious if it would set off the metal detector at the airport. My titanium ring doesnt but I dont know. My fav bit of titanium is my Seiko - all titanium watch....the things indestructible!

Quote Originally Posted by greyhair biker
    I just had a friend get a hip replacement with titanium & I was curious if it would set off the metal detector at the airport. My titanium ring doesnt but I dont know. My fav bit of titanium is my Seiko - all titanium watch....the things indestructible!
    yeah, my mother just had a hip replacement, and it will set off the metal detector. she told me flying these days is a major hassle. so much you need to do. you are issued a card saying that you have a titanium hip, but it doesn't give you a free pass through airport security, i guess for obvious reasons.

tell your friend to expect a hassle, and be happy if there isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by shagster
    I had something similar to this done about 15 years ago. I am still terrified of dentists to this day. It was a horrible experience. Good luck DiscGolfDivers...
    Oh, you're a cruel one!

I thought those were ice screws, at first. Another cool use of titanium...