Thread: Pictures from Iraq

Pictures from Iraq

Here are a couple of pictures that my little brother sent from Iraq. He is a U.S. Marine and belongs to the Sniper Unit. He will be back in the states in another month and a half. From what I understand he travels around Iraq providing all the sniper services.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thank you for sharing these. God speed and a swift way home to your bro!

Gotta love the STA platoon, I have a great appreciation for their abilities. The SR-25 is sweet.

Very nice! God speed fer sher.

I've got hundreds of pictures just like these from my two deployments. I didn't know people liked to see them so much. Nice pictures though and I too owe a bit debt to one STA platoon I worked with.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveOU812
    I've got hundreds of pictures just like these from my two deployments. I didn't know people liked to see them so much. Nice pictures though and I too owe a bit debt to one STA platoon I worked with.
    I just wanted to tell you Thanks for your service. Up until my little brother joined the marines and was sent first to Afganistan and now Iraq, I didn't think alot about those that serve this great country. Now that it is closer to home it is a different story for me. I cannot say it enough how much I appreciate the sacrifices our troops make for our freedoms. It's kinda funny, anytime I hear a patriotic song or see something on the internet about the marines in Iraq I get all teared up.

THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED. GOD BLESS YOU.

Those pictures are awesome! That last one with the barrel is a trip. Thanks a lot for posting these.
    "My heart shall cry out for Moab..." Isaiah 15:5

Nice to see Jason again. Got any more?

Not to detract from the other pictures, and I really don't wanna brag but......Mine is WAY bigger than your.

Not to detract from the other pictures, and I really don't wanna brag but......Mine is WAY bigger than your.
    Luckily this is my little brothers picture and not mine, that is one big gun I will give you that.

Ewww that is nice! Got any more tank shots?

This one's for Dave, we go out on a mission to patrol an area that was very rarely patrolled by any Coalition unit, just Iraqi police. Was supposed to be a 6 hour patrol with 3rd LAR and my company. In a muddy field LAV #1 gets stuck. LAV #2 tries to pull it out and gets stuck. LAV # 3 and 4 pull LAV # 2 out but can't pull LAV #1 out with risking getting stuck so we call out a M-88. M-88 #1 gets stuck trying to pull LAV #1 out. M-88 #2 gets stuck trying to pull M-88 #1 out so we pull down some palm trees and put them under the tracks of M-88 #2 which is able to get out and then we call engineers to dig out M-88 #1 and LAV #1. On the fourth day both are finally recovered and we get to return to base. I don't have any pictures of all the vehicles we had out there but it was an interesting experience.

Ya know, sounds really familiar. Rain pouring down and tank #1 and tank #2 decide to drive through the low lands, which at this point should be known as a huge lake. Tank #1 gets stuck, Tank #2 goes to recover, gets stuck. It takes M-88 and Tanks #3 and #4 to come save the day.

The good times I had waiting around for various vehicles to be pulled out of the mud.