Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gem Canyon April 13-15: Who is interested?

Gem Canyon April 13-15: Who is interested?

Some people were interested in doing this and Poncho. Are the same people interested?
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

I'm interested.

Any of the April weekends will work for me.

Gem has been on my hit list for a long time. Let's get it done!
    It's only "science" if it supports the narrative.

Are newbies invited? I carry the rope and supply drinks

Are newbies invited?
    Depends on "how newbie". At a minimum you should be able to rappel without problems and be able to downclimb 4th class on occasion. As long as you can do that and be prepared for a long day, you should be fine.

As far as setting the anchors, the more experienced people can do that, so no problems.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

I've gone with rockgremlin and Ice on one of their trips. I believe I could keep up with them. So if there is an extra spot, I'd like to join the trip. Most dates work for me, I can take time off work any time.

If you could swing the 14 through the 17 of March, i would be all over it like Iceaxe on a $2.00 whore. That is my Spring Break and I have it set aside for canyoneering. I was talking to Shaggy125 about doing something in the Swell cause he has the same week off for Spring Break. If you can swing my dates, I am in, if not, we might be getting your sloppy seconds.

If you could swing the 14 through the 17 of March
    Unfortunately, no as I am out of town. Sorry.

Is there a write up/link about Gem canyon?

update: nm, found it here: http://www.summitpost.org/canyon/152...west-fork.html

What's Poncho BTW?

FYI...Tom's Swell Canyon Fest is the last week in April, so if you don't wanna be dodging a bunch of traffic, we should probably plan for one of the earlier weekends.

What's Poncho BTW?
    Poncho Wash is a canyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Patterson
    What's Poncho BTW?
    Poncho Wash is a canyon.
    Well, I figured that much. I was hoping you'd elaborate a little. How does it compare to Gem and/or the other canyons in the Swell?

How does it compare to Gem and/or the other canyons in the Swell?
    Looks interesting, but I haven't done it yet. That's why I want to do it.

Sweeeet!! Looks like it has two forks, north and south. Which are ya lookin to do?

Sorry if I'm being nosy -- I'm pretty stoked about it.

The canyon doesn't get interesting until below where the two forks meet. We'll enter the main fork only because it is closest to the road.

Scott, did you get my PM?

Scott, did you get my PM?

I don't think Scott speaks PM, rock

Scott - Check your inbox.

I've just been busy lately. I've recieved 100+ PM's from Summitpost and 14ers.org after my Andes trip, ice climbing trip, and La Plata Peak, so I haven't got around to the uutah.com ones yet.

Anyway, April 13-15 sounds fine with me.