Thread: TR Slickrock 2-3-07

TR Slickrock 2-3-07

It was fun. Not much to report. Some snow, but it doesn't affect riding, just makes it hard to see the white dots in some places.

I put my bike inside, so there wasn't room for my pepsi. Good think I just installed a pepsi rack.

I posted this on the best biking pictures thread, but here's another copy.

Fun stuff.
    It's my job to call the BS around here. Get over it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Thats all you got? WTF...were's the write up and more photos? Who did you go with? What trails did you ride? etc, etc, etc? Your reporting is usually much better?

I'm tired and going to bed.

I went down by my self. I rode Slickrock and all the view spurs. I'm insanely out of shape for biking and I was embarrassed of myself at almost every moment. Good thing I went by myself.

I was on my way to poison spider and got distracted by climbing. So that's all I did. I should have stayed another day and said FU to the super bowel. Dude, Rex sucked bad.

I stayed at the lazy lizard for $9. good deal if you don't have anyone snoring in the room. . . . . . . . . .

That's about it.

Hey brah, I'd have gone with you! We're gonna have to make a trip - WHEN IT GETS WARMER -
    Easter Jeep Safari is almost perfect but it's insane there! Fourtycal and I usually try to go then but we havent been able to for a few years...he'll go any time though so now we gotta get the rest of the group lined out eh?
    As for what to ride....who cares! it's MOAB.

Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    I stayed at the lazy lizard for $9. good deal if you don't have anyone snoring in the room. . . . . . . . . .
    Is that a hostel place where you're sharing a room?

BTW, I just added this to the index.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    Quote Originally Posted by price1869
    Is that a hostel place where you're sharing a room?

BTW, I just added this to the index.
    what's the address of that place? Is it over on the side road going to the SandFlats turnoff? I know the Moab area but I dont know most of the streets by name, but if you give landmarks then I can find it...ie: Moab Diner...Kane Creek Blvd...Poison Spider bikeshop...etc.

It's just off the main drag. If I remember right, it's in purple neon lights. Just on the west side of the main street, right in the middle of town.

Or am I thinking of the Gonzo Inn?

yeah, it's all the way down, south of town between A1 storage and the wrecking yard. Shared rooms, not very nice, but only 9 bucks.

It was just me and I didn't want to search around for a place to camp, or clean out my car.

I remember the place now...Ive camped down by there at the Moab Rim campground just north of the fairgrounds, and youre right, that end of town could use some improvement If Im camping, I end up in SandFlats area or higher up by the porcupune rim trail, or down in the river bottoms - either side - Kane Creek Blvd or the Potash road. If we go upscale we get a room in town at any number of hotels, that way you can almost walk to any restaurant you want for dinner or go to the movie theater on Kane Creek Blvd...seen alot of movies in that theater!