Thread: 2002 Utah Trip Revisited

2002 Utah Trip Revisited

Hey, if anyone is interested, I reworked the galleries from my first trip to Utah, a 2002 trip with my friends David and Jamie...

http://richardbarron.net/galleries/sandanimals/

-Richard

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Damn, Richard, those shots make me just crazy to be out there. You have a great eye.

Friends of mine ask what filters I use when they see the wild electrick blue skies and red red rocks in my pictures, and are doubtful when I say "none." It's amazing, isn't it?
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

We had superb skies that week. The high cirrus really set off the deep blue.

Those are some amazing photos. You definatley have the talent.

Reediting those images and rebuilding the pages brought back a lot of great memories about that trip - the sky, the air, the hikes, the camping (and the story about Sand Animals), the road, Jamie napping everwhere. When I asked David to proof the pages, he said the same thing - it brought back a lot.

I knew I would love Canyonlands, and I've been back every year since then, and of course got married at Arches. David and I are hoping to go to Big Bend in the spring, but further on in the year, I want to see Utah again, especially the Swell. And Abby and I will hopefully be back in the fall for our anniversary.

-Richard

If I had a favorite image from this trip, it would be this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Barron
    Reediting those images and rebuilding the pages brought back a lot of great memories about that trip - the sky, the air, the hikes, the camping (and the story about Sand Animals), the road, Jamie napping everwhere. When I asked David to proof the pages, he said the same thing - it brought back a lot.

I knew I would love Canyonlands, and I've been back every year since then, and of course got married at Arches. David and I are hoping to go to Big Bend in the spring, but further on in the year, I want to see Utah again, especially the Swell. And Abby and I will hopefully be back in the fall for our anniversary.

-Richard
    This is fantastic, Richard - great photos, and great story. I too fell in love with Utah, and have to keep returning. First was in fall 2004. It took a year and a half to get back, but I made it twice last year. So far I have 3 trips planned for 2007, including introducing my 10 year old son to Arches/Canyonlands at the end of April. Addictive, isn't it!?! It's amazing how often I go through the photos from my 3 trips so far.

I think my new catchphrase will be "No one gets that joke!" It's so... non sequitur.

Thanks, again, for sharing your wonderful photos.

It's a very nice collection of photos...great color and compositions.
    Stan

Check out my photo gallery at www.pbase.com/sparker1

Is this canyon lands?

I think I may have been in this same place and not seen it as you have here. You are a great photographer, thank you for sharing your pictures.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes, that's Mesa Arch at the end of a short trail in the Island in the Sky district. I visit it nearly every time I'm there because it's so easy to get to it.

early morning at the crack of dawn and sunrise is a nice time ... hell, just about any time is great

and this one is fantastic ...

Those are great pictures. The sky was not nearly as blue the day that we went, but I still just do not remember it being as beautiful as those pictures. I love how differently people see the same locations.

That particular image was made on film with my 16mm fisheye. I don't shoot film any more, so I sold the fisheye. Eventually, Abby and I would like to get another one, the 10.5 mm fisheye that is for digital. -R