Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all you global warmin' interested folk

For all you global warmin' interested folk

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Finally, they confess that they are blaming Bush for Global Warming

Bush hid some info, so it caused the globe to get warmer.

There truly are people that believe this. The "stupidest president ever" is also an "evil genius".

They need to just pick an opinion of him and stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    There truly are people that believe this. The "stupidest president ever" is also an "evil genius".
    That is a great observation.

I hate to say it, but that's fair. Anyone who buys John Kerry's official "I was tricked into supporting the Iraq war / if you don't study hard you get stuck in Iraq" line of apologetics must, by default, assume that Kerry is either retarded or that contradictory statements can both be true at the same time. People who believe in the the latter suffer from a condition that has been described as cognitive dissonance.

The bigger point for me is that Bush is no friend of science, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the article in the OP turned out to be true. After all, he's on record supporting [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/02/AR2005080201686.html][b][color=white]Intelligent Design

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    That is a great observation.
    everytime sombeech says this i think it's a humorous observation, but it's misleading.

first off, even if bush were the dumbest president ever, it doesn't mean he's an idiot. you still need a large degree of intelligence to be a president of the united states of america. when folks say he's dumb, it's only relatively speaking ... and i expect everyone realizes this.

second off, he doesn't need to be an evil genius, nor exceptionally intelligent, to get involved in questionable and controversial decisions and actions. evil genius may be a natural amplification of one's simple contempt for the decisions/actions he makes.

third off, as president he may be a single person making decisions, but he has a whole administration of strong and intelligent political/law minds supporting and advising him.

as i said it's a humorous observation, but i take it with a grain of salt.

[quote=nefarious]
    I hate to say it, but that's fair. Anyone who buys John Kerry's official "I was tricked into supporting the Iraq war / if you don't study hard you get stuck in Iraq" line of apologetics must, by default, assume that Kerry is either retarded or that contradictory statements can both be true at the same time. People who believe in the the latter suffer from a condition that has been described as cognitive dissonance. :lol8:

The bigger point for me is that Bush is no friend of science, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the article in the OP turned out to be true. After all, he's on record supporting [url=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/02/AR2005080201686.html][b][color=white]Intelligent Design
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by stefan
    first off, even if bush were the dumbest president ever, it doesn't mean he's an idiot.
    But that's exactly what his "Fist Thrusting haters" are calling him, is an idiot. It's gotta be one or the other.

He's an idiot, or an evil genius. I'm fine with whatever they land on, just stick with it and we can get on with life.

first off, even if bush were the dumbest president ever, it doesn't mean he's an idiot.
    But that's exactly what his "Fist Thrusting haters" are calling him, is an idiot. It's gotta be one or the other.

He's an idiot, or an evil genius. I'm fine with whatever they land on, just stick with it and we can get on with life.

Sombeech my brother, re-read my last post. I got it right (as usual). Ahem.

After 8 years of Clinton-bashing, countless hours of mouth-breating fanatical right-wing talk radio, ribald hatred from the right, and the Bushies STILL wonder why we're so hard on their chimp.

Makes me giggle sometimes. Snicker even. Chortle during full moons.

Some of my best friends are republicans.

-- Wm Blake

Could he be an idiotically evil genius? Sorry.

I definitely do not believe Bush is an idiot but I do believe that the people around him are more intelligent than he is (which is also smart of him). Condoleeza Rice is honestly the smartest person in Washington DC with whom I am familiar (but I have a hard time picturing people blaming her for anything, especially global warming)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    After 8 years of Clinton-bashing, countless hours of mouth-breating fanatical right-wing talk radio, ribald hatred from the right, and the Bushies STILL wonder why we're so hard on their chimp.
    yup ... don't dish it, if ya can't take it

yup ... don't dish it, if ya can't take it

And they gave us such an easy target. Fish in a barrel. It might all be funnier if the stakes weren't so high.

-- Wm Blake

I may not agree with President Bush on a lot of things, but I really believe he makes his choices on what he believes to be right. I think President Bush is more concerned with what is right over what is popular.

Bill Clinton did not put the country's best interest before his own. If you look at Clinton's dealings with China alone, it is clear that his number one priority was not America.

Again, President Bush has made some mistakes in my opinion, but the man really is quite bright and without the title of President is still a very impressive man. Bill Clinton is without a doubt one of the best public speakers in history (which is ironic because his wife is about the worst). Clinton really has some great attributes of leadership and is quite bright. It is easy to bad mouth Clinton's moral integrity but it is hard to bad mouth his talents. John Kerry on the other hand is a moron. I really believe that the only way President Bush could have been re-elected was by running against someone like Kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscGolfDivers
    I may not agree with President Bush on a lot of things, but I really believe he makes his choices on what he believes to be right. I think President Bush is more concerned with what is right over what is popular.

Bill Clinton did not put the country's best interest before his own. If you look at Clinton's dealings with China alone, it is clear that his number one priority was not America.

Again, President Bush has made some mistakes in my opinion, but the man really is quite bright and without the title of President is still a very impressive man. Bill Clinton is without a doubt one of the best public speakers in history (which is ironic because his wife is about the worst). Clinton really has some great attributes of leadership and is quite bright. It is easy to bad mouth Clinton's moral integrity but it is hard to bad mouth his talents. John Kerry on the other hand is a moron. I really believe that the only way President Bush could have been re-elected was by running against someone like Kerry.
    Ever seen the South Park episode about the turd sandwich vs. the giant douche for school mascot? The pretty much nailed the choices we get from the republicrats. I liked Clinton alright, think he's pretty much a straight shooter. What happened w/Monica was his business, not ours.

I went to episcopal prep school with people like George Bush, and know his kind REALLY WELL, and it's disheartening to see one of those little boys in the Casa Blanca. The Bush family strikes me as amoral and highly dangerous.

But hell, talking character issues about US presidents is so much pee-pee in the wind, know what I mean?

-- Wm Blake

The point is, putting any blame on Bush for Global Warming.

This means that Bush is our ultimate source of information on GW, as if we haven't had any media coverage on it.

We can say he's wrong in Iraq, he's not an environmentalist, or he's just an idiot. To blame Bush and his administration for "covering up" global warming, making the situation worse, is just ridiculous.

How many people depend on his point of view for the environment? Were you misled by him, believing GW was not important?

This means that Bush is our ultimate source of information on GW, as if we haven't had any media coverage on it.

We can say he's wrong in Iraq, he's not an environmentalist, or he's just an idiot. To blame Bush and his administration for "covering up" global warming, making the situation worse, is just ridiculous.

How many people depend on his point of view for the environment? Were you misled by him, believing GW was not important?

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE!!!! I got it! The "GW" in G.W. Bitch (Bush, whatever), means Global Warming!!!! AH-HA!!!!!!!!!

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    The "GW" imeans Global Warming!!!!
    That's not bad

Rev- I doubt this will surprise you, but I don't really watch south park.

Exactly. Everyone really does want to blame President Bush for everything. You seldom hear about how strong the economy has been under President Bush, nor do you hear about how low the unemployment rate has been. All you hear about is the mistakes he makes, and anything else that might be able to be blamed on him.

uhhh ... okay you're losing me fast here. once GW is officially recognized as a more serious problem then it needs to be addressed accordingly ... the stronger the recognition of the problem, the more sharply it needs to be addressed ... otherwise the position is weak and highly suspect and riddled with i'm full of it ... downplaying and softening it means, action doesn't need to occur quickly or firmly. there are many companies and businesses around this nation that would be dramatically affected by the resulting decisions ... his tactics allow the aversion and delay of such changes to occur, thus protecting the status quo.

what this does mean is that blame can be placed on his delay on curbing the problem, for which america is currently heavily responsible. china at some point will be worse. but if you're not part of the solution ...

it's about the position of the white house on GW and its effect on the relevant decision making.

How did the small Ice Age of the 13th century come to an end?