Thread: New Too From St. George

New Too From St. George

New to the site, but not Utah. I wasn't actively looking for a site like this, I just followed a link from one of Sombeech's videos featured at youtube. I was actively searching for a video of the Bearclaw Poppy Trail--which he was kind enough to share with the public--because I wanted mom to be able to see it.

Anyway, I ride all over the place in the St. George area, but usually only on a couple of the more popular mountain bike trails (Bearclaw, Stucki Springs, Churchrocks). As a solitary adventurer, I'm too lazy to drive to trailheads that are of any distance. If I can't peddle to them from my front door, I usually don't bother. That's sad, I know, but I'm just being honest here. I tend to ride the paved bike paths as much as the off-road ones, and St. George is a great place to do it. There a miles and miles of great paved trails here. My fav. paved route goes from Bloomington Hills to the top of Snow Canyon.

I encounter quite the diversity of critters in my riding down here, everything from coyotes to quail to cottontails to roadrunners to tortoises to kit fox. I have some pics of a fox pup and his den that I discovered west of St. George. I'll have to post a few of them.

Even though I found this site by accident, I'm glad that I did. I look forward to learning more about Utah's outdoor offerings and I'll just have to work at being less lazy and check more of it out.

bp

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Welcome to the site! I can't tell you how much I have learned on this site. A lot of my friends consider me to be "outdoorsy" but I feel like I know so much less than a lot of people on this site. Anyway, you are going this site, if you enjoy the outdoors.

Bogley BigShot
    Welcome to the group! There are lots of bike riders in here for you to chat with!

Yup, you stumbled upon the best Utah Outdoor website on the planet. Welcome!

Re: New Too From St. George

Quote Originally Posted by nefarious
    I just followed a link from one of Sombeech's videos featured at youtube.
    Booyah!

Hey, we'll be in St George doing some biking in a week and a half. Maybe we'll have to meet up.

greetings

looking forward to your photos

Welcome to the site, once you get in, it's hard to let uutah go :( Make sure you keep them TRs and photos coming! We sure love photos here....