Thread: Lehman Caves

Lehman Caves

Anyone here been to Lehman Caves? I'm thinking of taking the family down to the caves this weekend and since the tourist cave tour is only 90 minutes long I need some more recommendations to fill the day. Maybe short hikes, hot springs, other caves, rock art, indian ruins..... you know the drill.... anything that will keep kids 9 and 11 entertained but not to hard.

I know Crystal Ball cave is in the area but I have no info or contact information. I know Baker Hot Springs is near Delta, are these worth a visit or are they scummy? I have also heard of some rock art in the area but need more info.... HELP!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Anyone here been to Lehman Caves?
    Many, many times.

I'm thinking of taking the family down to the caves this weekend and since the tourist cave tour is only 90 minutes long I need some more recommendations to fill the day.
    Other caves? Root Cave is good for the kiddies. Hiking and snowshoeing? Lot
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

Baker is nice but would be way out of the way to Lemans.
    Actually its only a couple miles out of the way since I plan to head down I-15 and take the turn-off to Delta just before Filmore.

[quote]Notch Peak isn

Location, location, location.... I need to know where its at..... that's why I come to you kind folks.
    I had to see what you are interested in first. If you are just looking for a stroll and something that's easy to get to, visit the Great Stone Face on the way down. One very easy to find panel right on the road and then you can find more if you look around.

The turnoff is approximately 3 miles south of Deseret on Utah 257.

http://www.thingstodo.com/states/UT/...stoneface.html

There's your petroglyphs and short stroll. Plus a short rock scramble if your kids want to do that. We liked to climb it when we were kids.

Confusion Range has some panels but I'm going to have to look at the maps. Personally I wouldn't do much driving in the Confusions if there is a lot of snow, but I don't know how much is out there now.
    Utah is a very special and unique place. There is no where else like it on earth. Please take care of it and keep the remaining wild areas in pristine condition. The world will be a better place if you do.

That's the kinda stuff I'm looking for

Lexington Arch, perhaps? It's about a 1.5 mile hike from the trailhead after 12 miles of dirt road off of rt 21 a few miles south of Garrison. I got to the trailhead in a 2wd rental in September '95. No idea what the road conditions would be like in February. Visitor Center folks could probably advise. Big rugged arch.

Thanks for the info..... I called the visitor center today and asked if I needed reservations.....

After they finished laughing they told me thay had 3 visitors last weekend and 7 the weekend before that.