Thread: Jumping Jack Trailer product review

Jumping Jack Trailer product review

I've had my trailer for about 4 months now. I've used it to haul ATV's and go camping nearly a dozen times so far and still like it.

In the past I had use of a plain tent trailer. I've camped on the ground in a tent. I've also slept on the floor of an enclosed ATV trailer. All are suitable depending upon circumstances.

What I really wanted was something of my own and to get up off the ground. Plus, I now had my own ATV to haul to the fun spots. In addition, when I looked at the typical type of camping and areas I usually went it made sense to look more at trailers than anything else.

Jumping Jack Trailers came immediately to mind. I had seen one at an outdoor show. I did a little research on the web and found a link to their web site at jumpingjacktrailers.com and gave them a call.

After having used my trailer for a number of trips to the desert and to Little Sahara I am continually impressed by the quality of the construction. The trailers are made locally in Salt Lake City by a handful of skilled and deidcated workers.

Setup is quick and easy just like it says. In fact when I picked up my trailer they took the time to show me how to open the wings and set up the trailer. They demonstrated just as quickly how easily it was to colapse the tent and close it up. Then I got a chance to do it myself. So in effect by the time I took it out the first time I had either seen it done or put it up myself a number of times. The last three times I've set up at Little Sahara I've done it in the dark. Working without a flashlight I can still get setup in a few short minutes! It really is that easy.

In addition to being solidly built, my trailer tracks well behind my Jeep Cherokee. I've tried both one-up and two-up ATV configurations. The trailer handles two ATV's without a problem and there are plenty of tiedown points.

Because I often stray far from the beaten path or highway I ordered my trailer with the spare tire option. I also got my trailer configured with propane rack, cooler rack, saddle rack for fuel and water plus the lantern bar and kitchen unit. The safety bars come in very handy when loading an ATV and I am glad I have them as well.

If you are looking for a high quality, US built trailer to camp with and haul your ATV's I would definitely recommend the Jumping Jack Trailer.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

2. Likes oldno7 liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

That really does look like quite the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sombeech
    How much did you pay?
    All in, including the extras, I paid $5,721.11 cash.

review update

I've heard comparisons between the springbar tent and the Jumping Jack trailer. In my opinion both are made with high quality materials. Here are two more pics of my trailer. In one the spring loaded, folding table is shown in a raised position. There is a lot of room inside the tent, even more with the table raised. The second picture shows some of the tent framework. Note the gas cylinder and steel construction. Unlike the springbar tent the Jumping Jack tent trailer needs only be unfolded and it opens right up there is no assembly required.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thanks. I just bought it so I would have to give credit for the quality to Jumping Jack and the crew here in Salt Lake that made it.

I had it out again this past weekend and it performed its duty just great. In fact not only did it go up fast, but late Sunday night we decided to pack up and go home. Taking it down in the dark was fast and simple.

MTpockets

Nice write up. It does seem damn convenient, as you mentioned.