Thread: Seth and Amy:: Really Michael Vick

Seth and Amy:: Really Michael Vick

really

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Makes you wonder what a guy like this would be doing if it weren't for football. Momma must be so proud.

Ron Mexico controversy
    In March 2005, a woman named Sonya Elliot filed a civil lawsuit against Vick, alleging she contracted genital herpes from Vick and that he failed to inform her that he had the condition.[1] Elliot further alleged that Vick had visited clinics under the alias "Ron Mexico" to get treatments and thus knew of his condition. This led to a number of fans ordering customized #7 Atlanta Falcons jerseys with the name "Mexico" or "Herpes" on the back.[2] Due to the media interest surrounding the case, the National Football League disallowed the use of the jersey/name combination two days after the lawsuit.

On 2006-04-24, Vick's attorney revealed that the lawsuit had settled out of court with an undisclosed settlement. [3]

Video game developer Midway Games has alluded to Vick and his Ron Mexico alter-ego in their 2006 title, Blitz: The League. Due to Midway's loss of the National Football League license (EA Sports now has exclusive NFL licensing), all teams and players in the game are fictitious. However, the "Washington Redhawks"' star quarterback is a mobile, left-handed passer named "Mike Mexico".

Obscene gesture incident
    After a Falcons loss to the New Orleans Saints in the Georgia Dome on 2006-11-26, Vick "flipped off" Atlanta fans with both hands.Vick later said, "I'm sorry and I apologize to all the young kids and to whoever saw me make that gesture. I just let my emotions get the best of me in that situation and it won't happen again." On 2006-11-29, he was fined $10,000 by the NFL for the gesture, and agreed to donate another $10,000 to charity.Vick split his charity donation to two separate causes; he gave $5,000 to the family of a local fireman who had recently died fighting a fire on Thanksgiving night, and gave the other half to the Warrick Dunn Foundation, which helps support single mothers.

Miami International Airport/Contraband Container Incident
    On January 17, 2007, Vick reluctantly surrendered a water bottle to security at Miami International Airport. The bottle was found to have a hidden compartment that contained "a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana," a Miami police report said. "The compartment was hidden by the bottle's label so that it appeared to be a full bottle of water when held upright," police said. On Monday, January 22nd, 2007, the test results came back. There was nothing illegal in the water bottle. Vick also was drug tested and he was found innocent.[8] However there is much that is unexplained about the incident. The initial reports were that the test could take up to several weeks before it was determined what was in the bottle, and if it wasn't marijuana then what was in the secret compartment? Also Vick had a meeting with the organization and apologized publicly for embaressing the team and the NFL. Also neither Vick nor the Falcons seemed to be upset about the fact that he was "falsely" accused and even more bizzare is the fact that the security video tape from the airport documenting the incident has apparently been erased.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Vick
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    Makes you wonder what a guy like this would be doing if it weren't for football. Momma must be so proud.
    I rmember when Michael Vick played for VA Tech while he was in college here in the commonwealth, and routinely made an ass of himself. Now his little brother is being charged w/sexual assault. Yeah, great genes. A time machine and a bottle of RU-486 could rid the world of troubles like that. "Here Missus Vick, have another drink."
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake