Thread: Military marketing

Military marketing

My daughter (a senior in high school) just got a letter from the Army National Guard trying to entice her into its ranks. Get this: They enclose a "credit card" that shows through an envelope window that has her name on it.

Every teen (well, almost every) wants a credit card. What a cheap way to lead a person on. Whoever handles marketing for the Guard needs to get his moral compass adjusted. Plus, it reflects poorly on a good organization.

Well, it did give my shredder a nice midday workout....
    "The eagle never lost so much time as when he consented to learn of the crow."

-- Wm Blake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hmm... sounds like it got your attention. Isn't that the point of marketing?
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    Hmm... sounds like it got your attention. Isn't that the point of marketing?
    The point of marketing is to present the product, service, etc., in a positive light. To make it attractive. Getting my attention by being offensive will drive me away from doing business with you.

Plus, using the "crack dealer" approach to trying to get kids to join the guard is plain wrong.

But hey -- this should be obvious. Glaring.

Telemarketers get my attention too. They also don't get one thin dime from me.

-- Wm Blake

I don't agree with what they do either, whether it be telemarketers or the Military. Just stating it's effectiveness. Plus, I don't think the military has anything to worry about hurting their rep. The media does a better job than they ever could. But, the truth is this kind of marketing works, and quite well, otherwise you wouldn't get flooded with crap like this. The sad fact is that people buy into these things no matter how silly the claim.

By the way that cream hasn't enlarged a damn thing!
    I wish my lawn was EMO so it would cut itself.

Quote Originally Posted by KillEmAll
    By the way that cream hasn't enlarged a damn thing! :lol8:

It does if applied properly, but the effect is temporary. Just keep repeating the application process as long as you can stand it.

-- Wm Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Rev. Coyote
    Plus, using the "crack dealer" approach to trying to get kids to join the guard is plain wrong.
    Maybe they should use the Travel Agent approach..... join the military, travel to foreign lands, meet exotic people, and kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Maybe they should use the Travel Agent approach..... join the military, travel to foreign lands, meet exotic people, and kill them.

:roflol:

I remember an old poster with that! Funny.

-- Wm Blake

OK, I'm not much of a graphic artist, but here's my new recruiting concept. Comments?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

-- Wm Blake

Q: Why did you join the military?

A: Because I like to blow things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceaxe
    Q: Why did you join the military?

A: Because I like to blow things up.

:nod:

My good friend Paul joined the military for EXACTLY that reason.

I have as much fun with an SKS and a few old teevee sets....

-- Wm Blake

Last thing I heard about the Army was that they were going to civilian recruiters and it seems like all the Army recruiters I've met were civilians. It's probobly the same guy who works for Phillip Morris.

I friend was an army recruiter. When he signed up for special forces he had 5 months he had to wait, and had to find a different job because only civilians could do it.

You have to give recruiters a break. If we did not have all sorts of people in the military, we would never get to see these kinds of protests: